Problem after fitting new battery

Mark Cahill

Full ISDC Members 2015Member Number 555
Looking for a bit of help, recently had my car sitting up for about 5 weeks with no battery in it. Bought a new one yesterday evening and fitted it but it just keeps setting off the alarm. When I turn on the ignition, there is no lights coming on on the dashboard either after turning the key or when I enter the PIN number for the alarm. There is no sound coming from the fuel pump either. Obviously the immobiliser has kicked in so I have tried entering the PIN like I would when the the alarm would go off normally but still no joy. Even when I press the lock/unlock button, the doors stay locked and I have to use the key to open the door. Is there anything else I should be looking at to try and get the car started? Could there be a problem with the alarm unit itself?

Car is a Subaru Legacy with a Clifford alarm. Any help appreciated.

Just spotted Dan's thread on the alarm, I'll have to check to see if the light is giving a code.

Main fuse blown?

were you jumping it prior?

its one in main fuse box beside washer bottle. bottom right corner.

if thats ok.

then back to your clifford.

Might need to reassign the Clifford fob to the alarm "brain". They're easy enough to do. Instructions are on the Clifford website if you know your alarm model.

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=40237.msg458342#msg458342 date=1388831403]
Main fuse blown?

were you jumping it prior?

its one in main fuse box beside washer bottle. bottom right corner.

if thats ok.

then back to your clifford.
[/quote]

Hadn't been jumping it, have a trickle charger for when the battery is low. Checked the 100A fuse and it is blown, no idea what caused it to blow though. Thanks Dave.

[quote author=Bonito link=topic=40237.msg458355#msg458355 date=1388835790]
Might need to reassign the Clifford fob to the alarm "brain". They're easy enough to do. Instructions are on the Clifford website if you know your alarm model.
[/quote]

Hopefully it doesn't come to this and it is the fuse. Thanks Bonito.

Back