Hey all!

W

*Wayne*

Hey i'm new to the site have a question for ye would be greatful if ye could answer it for me!
I'm thinking of buying a WRX wagon its an import i have had a few people tell me not to buy an import Subaru as the engines are not in good condition due to them being stuck in heavy traffic in japan.The said the engines needs good cooling and they don't get this while stuck in the traffic!Is this true? Also what kind of resale market is there for these!?

hi wayne, welcome

only just got my impreza so i can't help you havent a clue!!

i might have this wrong but do you have a teg?

Welcome along Wayne :thumbsup: I myself have a Jap Import WRX, that's the first I've ever heard about engines not being in good condition. Subarus are one of/always have been one of the most reliable cars on the road... having said that on my MY95 model I've replaced both the header tank and the radiator this year... the older models contain plastic bits that are prone to cracking with age. So if you have a small budget (like I did) then be aware that you're probably going to be replacing a few bits and pieces - but that would be the same for any used car. The thing is Wayne, once you drive it, you won't look back - you'll be hooked :D

[quote author=wasps rfc link=topic=526.msg3929#msg3929 date=1159986968]
hi wayne, welcome

[/quote]Ya a supercharged one how did you know it was me? :shock:
@Dave a wrx will do all my cash goes on the Teg

[quote author=sc00by555 link=topic=526.msg3930#msg3930 date=1159989764]
Welcome along Wayne :thumbsup: I myself have a Jap Import WRX, that's the first I've ever heard about engines not being in good condition. Subarus are one of/always have been one of the most reliable cars on the road... having said that on my MY95 model I've replaced both the header tank and the radiator this year... the older models contain plastic bits that are prone to cracking with age. So if you have a small budget (like I did) then be aware that you're probably going to be replacing a few bits and pieces - but that would be the same for any used car. The thing is Wayne, once you drive it, you won't look back - you'll be hooked :D

[/quote]
Thanks sc00by555 the wagon i'm looking at has an aftermarket rad so hopefully all will be well with that!

[quote author=*Wayne* link=topic=526.msg3934#msg3934 date=1160001130]
[quote author=wasps rfc link=topic=526.msg3929#msg3929 date=1159986968]
hi wayne, welcome

[/quote]Ya a supercharged one how did you know it was me? :shock:
@Dave a wrx will do all my cash goes on the Teg
[/quote]

recognised the username and u offered me mod advice in the past etc... (racershaven) if im right ive seen ur car round cork aswell

Ya thats my car its over in england at the mo getting mapped haven't had it in about 3 mts :cry:

[quote author=*Wayne* link=topic=526.msg3937#msg3937 date=1160001793]
Ya thats my car its over in england at the mo getting mapped haven't had it in about 3 mts :cry:
[/quote]

jeez, taking their time aren't they??!! hence a move up to a sue-bar-roo

[quote author=wasps rfc link=topic=526.msg3938#msg3938 date=1160001998]
hence a move up to a sue-bar-roo
[/quote]
I still love my Honda tho

Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

That crap about the Jap engines is completly wrong......
Just make sure you run it with booster or get it re-mapped - or both :whistle:

Alan.

Back