New kid on the block (well old fella then!!!)

U

u r a bus

Got myself a forester. A 1999 S Turbo Auto (used to love Ford Granadas, had a few) and love it
Its so much like the old square Granadas but OH so much better!!!.
Iv masses of questions to ask you all and dont know were to start.
I want to "improve" her (yes,its a she) but want any improvments to be suttle (dont like attention)
Exhaust must be quite (ish)?????
Engine, well we have loads of room to play here dont we. Its done 90,000 mls not kilometers and has piston slap,dont burn oil and goes well for an auto bus
Suspension, NEED THE GROUND CLERANCE so ride hight has to stay but want to loose the rock and roll?????
Autobox has to stay (i like it)
I can and will do as much work as i can myself (im a mechanic) but would agree that some jobs are best left to the right people (machine shop work etc etc)
Going on a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Show me the Subaru way
Si

welcome along....you got yourself a nice motor...SUBARU.. :subaru: :subaru:,well as far as improvments...well that all depends on the money ay want to spend,just ask away and am sure someone on ere will be able ta help ya out... :thumbsup:

Welcome Si :thumbsup: and thanks for becoming a Full Member (double :thumbsup: :thumbsup: )

Adding front and rear strut braces will lose the 'rock and roll' ride - try our traders on the forum here...

A Magnex exhaust is quiet enough at low speeds, until you open her up...

You can get an STi front splitter to improve looks - check out Dan's Feature Car Section... Blue Forester STi :thumbsup:

Hope you've got deep pockets :lol:

Good luck!

Paulo
ISDC Webmaster

Welcome to the club Si :thumbsup:
You've come to the right place when it comes to subaru advice!!
And good luck with the new motor :subaru: :subaru:

welcome along to the jedi's of the subaru world what the lads dont know isnt worth mentioning :subaru: seriously welcome along

Welcome alone and enjoy the site!
Were on this lovely island of our's are ya from?
Like the unusuall user name :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just a bit of pedigree then.
Bourn in the uk (sorry), but grand parents are from Clonmel (i only found that out a year ago!!)
I live in Portmarnock Dublin, been here 5 years and wish i had come here sooner,love it
Lived in a few different places around the world.
Found Subaru couple of months ago and love it.
Did all the usual things, cambelt,water pump,tensioner & guide rollers,cam & crank seals,droped ALL the oils & filters.
Now want to improve and refine her.
What do your members recommend (im not going racing but want to give 3 & 5 seires BMWs a supprise).

Get rid of the asthmatic turbo and put a td04 or 05 on it. Get rid of some of the cats, get it remapped and you will not believe the difference. Replace the anti roll bars for 22mm sti ones and it will help with the handling, but it will never out handle an Impreza unless you make big changes. Good choice of car, and welcome to the club.

Cheers

Alan

welcome to the club,im not to far from you im just in killbarrick,ill give you a wave if i see you rolling along,im in a blue classic impreza,and listen to scruff or dan they seem to like there forresters and know them well

Welcome along mate, enjoy your new bus. Just copy what Dan has done with his 06 STi Forrester if you want the ultimate Forrester, hope you have deep pockets though :shock:

Back