5 spd to 6 spd gearbox change.

Nopon

Sunday Drivers
Hi, i am currently driving a 03 WRX blob eye, it was a 5 spd gearbox, if i want to change it to a 6 spd one how much would it cost me approximatly and who would be able to suply it and assembly it for me ?

Thanks.

[quote author=Nopon link=topic=40124.msg456947#msg456947 date=1387792017]
Hi, i am currently driving a 03 WRX blob eye, it was a 5 spd gearbox, if i want to change it to a 6 spd one how much would it cost me approximatly and who would be able to suply it and assembly it for me ?

Thanks.
[/quote]

It can vary as in, do you want a dccd box or none dccd box, also mileage on box.
They can go for between 2-3 grand + fitting

Is your box fooked? Or are you after rebuilding your engine and are going for over 350 bhp

If you just fancy a change you would be mad to spend nearly the same price of your car on a box for a extra gear

[quote author=DUFFMAN™ link=topic=40124.msg456960#msg456960 date=1387797562]
[quote author=Nopon link=topic=40124.msg456947#msg456947 date=1387792017]

Thanks.
[/quote]

It can vary as in, do you want a dccd box or none dccd box, also mileage on box.
They can go for between 2-3 grand + fitting

Is your box fooked? Or are you after rebuilding your engine and are going for over 350 bhp

If you just fancy a change you would be mad to spend nearly the same price of your car on a box for a extra gear
[/quote]

Good point, i do read that the gear ratios on the 6 spd ones are considerably shorter, mine is a mayhem, i do want to do only two more changes, mechanically, gearbox & Turbo .... At the moment (according to TDP) the car is pulling 290bhp, the only limitation with it even mention by TDP is that the turbo is to small ...

Davelegacy, might give you a ring after new years ...

At that power no point really money could be spent else where , it's torque that kills the 5 speeds not so much hp, 350 lb/ft is really the limit if the car is driven hard.

Why don't you just change the turbo and update the brakes 320-330hp is plenty quick for the road and similar torque figure . No problem for the later 754 5 speed box

Back