Car wash discussion

Zheiko

Octane Boostaholics
Yo lads, how are you washing ur car? From outside? Are you using some of the petrol stations? I have heard it's not really good for the paint, but with my old car, that was not the problem. Also, add should not be towed, some of the carwashes actually hook up ur front wheels and pull you few meters forward, how is this for the Subaru? Geif ur opinions plx.

Also I have heard it's forbidden in here in Ireland to wash your car outside? What's true on it?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

[quote author=Zheiko link=topic=40109.msg456620#msg456620 date=1387570702]

Also I have heard it's forbidden in here in Ireland to wash your car outside? What's true on it?

[/quote]

yeah , they are bringing back the death sentence for offenders who wash their cars outside , :carwash: :icon_hang: :falldownlaugh:

Don't use petrol station car washes, broke my own rule a while ago and still have sleepless night over it. Didn't damage the paint thankfully but could easily have done.

Last time I knocked the kitchen wall down to pull the car in and start washing, the woman wasn't best pleased so washing it outside is the only option :multijump:

Re: Re: Car wash discussion

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=40109.msg1#msg1 date=1387570927]
[quote author=Zheiko link=topic=40109.msg456620#msg456620 date=1387570702]

[/quote]

yeah , they are bringing back the death sentence for offenders who wash their cars outside , :carwash: :icon_hang: :falldownlaugh:
[/quote]

Hehe, well i live in apartments block, so I don't know how neighbors will react... But guess 5 at morning will have to do

fook them , your paying to live there 2 so do what you like with your car , not as if your doing any harm

Re: Re: Car wash discussion

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=40109.msg1#msg1 date=1387572123]
fook them , your paying to live there 2 so do what you like with your car , not as if your doing any harm
[/quote]

Tru dat

[quote author=axelf link=topic=40109.msg456644#msg456644 date=1387574164]
Wait till water charges come in and no one will be washing anything :banghead
[/quote]

Wash meet @my place , the well will be flat out :carwash: :carwash: :carwash: :carwash: :carwash: :carwash: :carwash: :carwash: :carwash: :carwash: :carwash: :carwash: :carwash: :carwash: :carwash:

Where are you living? I snow foam and rinse mine at the local Maxol. The MaxWash is savage. Don't use brushes. Just foam, wait and rinse. Then go home and wash with 2 bucket method and dry with a big micofibre towel I bought in CleanCar.ie

Wax as desired.

[quote author=Bonito link=topic=40109.msg456822#msg456822 date=1387723573]
Where are you living? I snow foam and rinse mine at the local Maxol. The MaxWash is savage. Don't use brushes. Just foam, wait and rinse. Then go home and wash with 2 bucket method and dry with a big micofibre towel I bought in CleanCar.ie

Wax as desired.
[/quote]

Do you use there foam they have in their machine???? If so its more then likely TFR so worth avoiding too :thumbsup:

2 bucket
2 grit guards
2 wash mitts
good shampoo PH neutral
good drying towel
Wax

and that is the basics for starting off. Next is snow foam lance, clay and different waxes but the basics are needed first

Avoid brushes, sponges and them outrageous chamois...

Less touching = less swirling :icon_biggrin:

Sorry I haven't got time to write up a full reply but check out Detailing World too for some great info and YouTube Junkman he has some good videos on there too.

I do similar to above go to local statoil have sheep wool MIT sponge for wheels Dax wax in my own bucket and 2lt of water Sud up work from top dwn separate sponge for wheels put some alloy cleaner on wheels then buy shortest self service wash and just use the lance then drive it home microfiber towel dry give the wheels and exhaust the once over,
After uasually use maguires quick polish and maguires tire gel and exhaust metal polish...

Every few months a go a little mader with de tar claying car proper polish too

Hope this helps

So, I have done a handwash today and noticed these little scratches all arround the car, assuming thats from the car washes... so how can I get rid of these? I have got some cream that 'should' take it off, but after half an hour of rubbing same place few times I still dont see any difference:(

Will probably need a machine polisher to remove them, I got some work done by detailing shed on my car and they did a great job on it.

deffo need a machine polisher , if your into the car detailing buy one and learn how to use it properly , very satisfying to see the results at the end of a few days polishing

'A few days polishing'... Are you f**king mad! You've too much time on your hands Tommy!!!

You can detail my car if you've that much free time!

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6™ link=topic=40109.msg456918#msg456918 date=1387751155]
'A few days polishing'... Are you f**king mad! You've too much time on your hands Tommy!!!

[/quote]

must be mad j . can spend a full weekend at it quite easily . and never completely happy with it

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=40109.msg457013#msg457013 date=1387834165]
[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6™ link=topic=40109.msg456918#msg456918 date=1387751155]

[/quote]

must be mad j . can spend a full weekend at it quite easily . and never completely happy with it
[/quote]

Good man tommy what time tomorow suits ya to do mine 3 days polishing good man :santasmiley

+1 haven't the patience to spend 3 days cleaning. I'd rather spend 3 days getting it filthy up in the Wicklow hills! :)

Back