driving question

S

Scoobydiver

Lads, I know this probably sounds stupid but I jus got my date for my driving test, and im pretty confident as driving is part of my work but i have just one question so if any1 could help thatd be great. When youre slowing down through the gears coming do a stop, should you go right down to second and then neutral or can you go neeutral from third? thanks :subaru:

hmm, thats a tricky one, Afaik, if you coast to a stop, you will get failed , as its lack of car control. i would use all the gears and only be in neutral when at a complete stop and handbrake on.

:subaru:

definitely slow down through the gears to 2nd gear and when almost stopped in with the clutch and when stopped handbrake on. im not sure you have to go into neutral as when i did my test i think they changed the rules so that you could sit at traffic lights in 1st with handbrake on ready to go. the best thing you can do is book a pre-test a couple of hours before the test. so then if you do something wrong the instructor will correct you and let you know about neutral or 1st when stopped.

George

What ever you do makes sure you have the handbrake on before you put the car into neutral and release the footbrake. I am sure you will fly it!!  :thumbsup:
(I took my test 11 years ago though!!)

woh hold on, my driving instructor told me when your slowing down and stoping from as high as 4th, you just brake and when the engine is about to start struggling (usually when your close enough to stop) you clutch and ONLY put in neutral when the car is stoped with the handbrake on as anton Stated, were you doin your test? in naas you only get to 4rth once.
i done it a few months ago.

Good luck bud!

thanks for the tips lads, Im doin it in the new route at fonthill, by the NCT centre. I will defo do a couple of pre-tests, as it took me 11 months to get a date!!

wear a short dress and lipstick and dont worry about stopping, thats the advise given to me by GT PERFORMANCE.It worked ok for him.

[quote author=tractorman link=topic=524.msg3931#msg3931 date=1159994914]
wear a short dress and lipstick and dont worry about stopping, thats the advise given to me by GT PERFORMANCE.It worked ok for him.
[/quote]
make sure you shave the ole legs too... bound to work

LADS!! What kind of immoral tramp do ye take me for ;) :lol:

[quote author=tractorman link=topic=524.msg3931#msg3931 date=1159994914]
[/quote]

:D :lol: :lol:

Alan i only told you that so you would do that for your test!! i didnt think you were that gullible to think i was tellin the truth and go out and do the same thing!! :hang: :hang: :lol: :lol:

@tractorman:

also remember alan i still have a spare key for your wheel locknuts, so you really need to be watchin what your sayin about me!! :D :D :nana:

@johnny99

watch yourself now john!! :D

jees, cool the jets George,not like we were slagging your colour of lipstick or anything.Lets be honest a moment,if you tried to rob my wheels i'd be woke up by the sound of you walking down my road with your high heels and the wolf whistle from the builders woking on the neighbours extension.

ps. dont forget your car wheels are being held on by "1" wheel nut,imagine somebody accidently pushed against it?I have a lovely set of 15"wheels for sale if need be.

Alan

[quote author=tractorman link=topic=524.msg3983#msg3983 date=1160080815]
jees, cool the jets George

[/quote]

Quality!

[quote author=tractorman link=topic=524.msg3983#msg3983 date=1160080815]
jees, cool the jets George,not like we were slagging your colour of lipstick or anything.Lets be honest a moment,if you tried to rob my wheels i'd be woke up by the sound of you walking down my road with your high heels and the wolf whistle from the builders woking on the neighbours extension.

ps. dont forget your car wheels are being held on by "1" wheel nut,imagine somebody accidently pushed against it?I have a lovely set of 15"wheels for sale if need be.

Alan

[/quote]

:D :D Yeah ok you win! :worship: :worship: :D

Back