Time Attack Japan

R

Renno555

Incase some of you havent seen many pictures or heard about it ive takin some details and pictures to put up here. Some of the reports from a number of people are below.

"In testing on Tuesday Adrian Smith misshifted a gear in his Celica and over revved the engine which resulted in a piston smacking the head and spelling the end. After getting the car back to Do-Luck, They checked it over, declared the engine dead ( as he uses some custom parts which are not available in Japan ) so Mr Ito from Do-Luck found a replacement standard engine and Adrian, mhs engine builder and the guys from Blitz set about exchanging all his parts on to the stock engine last night. He worked through the night and got it finished, today he went to the dyno and remapped the car whilst we all went for the second test session at Tsukuba. His car is now ready although way down on power due to the stock engine but he's pulled it off to get out tomorrow for the event which is awesome.

If that wasnt enough, In testing today Paul's Zen car had an engine failure on its first outing with something bad like a bearing letting go in a major fashion and ending up with the car stopped just after the Dunlop bridge on track. Within 30 minutes the car was loaded on a truck and sent back to Do-Luck's shop 2 hours away whilst Mr Ito once again started pulling favours to find Paul a new set of parts ( I think via Power Enterprises ). As I write this I am sure they are all in Do-Luck building a brand new engine from scratch to get back to Tsukuba in the morning making it the second time for Paul to have the engine out in as many days Prior to the engine trouble they were running 1 minute flat today on the GC8.

Clives car running well and today he racked up some 1.01's in the car and is feeling better about the circuit and improved lines as am I. Tomorrow Taniguchi will drive the RC Evo to see what he can do with it so that will be great to see and get feedback from.

Tomorrows event is 3 X 20 minute sessions for us so we need to get it right.

Me?, well I ran a whole second quicker today in the Z than yesterday which I am pleased about but we only got on session today after a pit drama meaning we couldnt make the second session and not giving me more chance to improve my lines on the track and find the time I am missing. Currently I think I am losing at least a second and probably 2 through the Dunlop bridge corner and follow through which I plan to remedy tomorrow I hope.

Ive been talking to the guys from Hi Octane who are here from Australia running thier R32 GTR, they are running 1min flat and struggling with grip but are upbeat about it and hoping to find some more time tomorrow.

When we left the track tonight M Speed were changing thier Holinger box which had broken in thier R34 GTR and the Cyber Evo had engine troubles but they were fixing it.

We're all struggling with no sleep and its certainly all happening out here but we're all mustering on. The help we have here with Do-Luck and everyone else who is helping directly is amazing, without question Do-Luck's effort has done us all proud as we continue to lean on them for help in solving problems, even down to finding everything to make a brand new engine for Paul in a matter of hours.

Most of us are now at the hotel near Tsukuba with Mr Ito and Paul etc back at Do-Luck making the new engine. We're back up at 5am to get to the track and organise ourselves for the event whre hopefully we'll find the Zen boys waiting and ready for action, fingers crossed.
The Zen crew finished rebuilding the Zen car at 6am this morning (Japan time), and got the car to the circuit, but missed the first session due to the time it takes to get there.

Phil Glew went out in the Zen car did 4 laps, came back into pits, changed the tyres, and 2 laps later a rod went through the block!!!

They suspect they have been having massive oil surge issues!

Now is the plus side, in those brief laps Phil managed a 58.5 second lap, which they think is good enough for 9th overall out of 70 cars

Clive at RC had Taniguchi driving his car today, and managed a 59.1, 11th overall. Well done guys.

Adrian managed a 64 second lap with a pretty standard engine, so pretty good going all things considered.

I believe Andy managed a 63 in the Sumo car too.

Thats all the info i got at this point in time, as i think everyone has passed out due to exhaustion!

Well done to all the UK crew that went out there. You did us all proud.

Massive well done to the Zen tribe, and that little demon driver Phil Glew"

DSC05836.jpg

2007_1206TSUKUBA0185.jpg

2007_1206TSUKUBA0182.jpg

2007_1206TSUKUBA0178.jpg

2007_1206TSUKUBA0167.jpg

2091965744_12b8cd5b50_o.jpg

2007_1206TSUKUBA0133.jpg

2007_1206TSUKUBA0121.jpg

2007_1206TSUKUBA0065.jpg

2007_1206TSUKUBA0063.jpg

2007_1206TSUKUBA0069.jpg

2007_1206TSUKUBA0068.jpg

2007_1206TSUKUBA0070.jpg

2007_1206TSUKUBA0161.jpg

2007_1206TSUKUBA0160.jpg

results.jpg

track.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h56/stree
[img]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h56/streetperformance/2007_1206TSUKUBA0155.jpg
tperformance/2007_1206TSUKUBA0154.jpg[/img]
2007_1206TSUKUBA0162.jpg

Ha ha If anyone can haul an engine about its Pat. They went right through the night re building the engine, Twice  :shock:

brilliant photos, real hard luck on paul blamire, it must be serious to be at

:thumbsup:

Savage pics, looks like a real buzz :headbanger:

New Evo and new GTR there, surprised not to see the new Imp as well? :ponder:

Was there one there and no pic or what?

Second TEIN car was.There was a few new EVO's and Scoobs on the track. Ill see if I can find those pics.

Back