best mods to do before re map

simoni555

Sunday Drivers
tinkin bout gettin the car remaped soon wats the best mods to do before hand its a uk blob have a decat thats about it any ideas ?

You can go mad

All depends on budget and power wanted?

If you're just lookin for a number like 350 I think you're wasting your time!
Set a budget for it, talk to whoever you're gettin to map it and get the car mapped!

I've drove several cars and one that was 300 was nicer to drive than one with 330 and another with 465 was every bit as nice as the one with 300! And I don't mean nice as in great power it's how the car felt to drive!

Supporting stuff is as important also! Brakes suspension tyres etc.. Don't forget them!

Stage 1 tune would be a good start. Hi flow panel filter (Cosworth K&N etc), Sports catted or decatted exhaust and remap. probably around 1500 notes for all that. Still probably be sub 350bhp. :dontknow:

ah no i just wanna get more power out of it decat an decent filtor an a good map . would ya notice the differance after ? was tinkin about gettin front and rear strut brace this help mush ?

Oh you will notice an extra 20-30bhp alright. :banana:
The car will feel more urgent and the turbo will spool up quicker. :turbo:
Theoretically it should be more fuel efficicent as you will be at your cruising speed quicker. But you will like the power and extra rumble too much to take it easy on the throttle.
Standard strut braces make a more comfortable ride on the road but do reduce roll in the corners especially if you get near a track. A good geometry setup on the suspension will help even more. :mechanic:

The classic Imp I'm about to take ownership of has a pretty large diameter cat back system and what looks like a K&N cone filter. Should I stick with the cone or go back to the factory box but with Cosworth filter or similar? :imlost:

Back