McRae steps in for injured Loeb

antonm

Petrolheads
McRae steps in for injured Loeb

McRae was Britain's first world rally champion
Colin McRae will make a world rally comeback in Turkey as replacement for injured champion Sebastien Loeb.
Kronos Citroen driver Loeb, on the verge of a third straight WRC title, broke his arm in a cycling accident and misses the 13-15 October event.

McRae, the 1995 world champion, was Loeb's team-mate at Citroen in 2003 but lost his drive at the end of that year.

The 38-year-old Scot's last WRC appearance came at the end of 2005 with Skoda, when he competed in two events.

McRae will be partnered by long-time co-driver Nicky Grist of Wales.

The pair parted company in 2002 after several successful seasons together, with McRae saying their relationship had become "strained".

Frenchman Loeb has a 35-point advantage over Finland's Marcus Gronholm with four races left this season.

A statement from Kronos said: "(Team boss) Marc van Dalen and (Citroen Sport director) Guy Frequelin have searched for the best solution to help the team defend its lead in both the drivers' and manufacturers' championships.

"Colin McRae has been chosen to help the team, and he is highly motivated to do his maximum to serve Sebastien and Kronos Citroen's interests."

i know this sounds bad but this could be good for the championship as leob was runnin away with ,hope he will come back for wales rallye with it all sqaure with marcus

That would be exciting! I don't thing McRae is going to set things alight after being out of a full WRC weekend... but it's great to see him back in a competative car.. all be it a Citroen.... :subaru:

maybe colins got a point to prove, i think he'll go all out to win, after all he will ave a competitive car under his back side, its just a pity they cud'nt give the drive to Chriss meeke, although the french team is looking for him to raise 2million euros to buy a second seat for next year

[attachment deleted by admin]

Back