Catch can install

roakesti

Sunday Drivers
Hi guys. Is it a good idea to install a catch can in the car. Any benefits for it. Also I've heard the best way is 2 have 2 of them.
How do u install them cheers.

never heard of 2 been fitted,it will depend on your needs, are you doing heavy track or drag work that will warrant? it not really needed for day to day pottering about with the odd spirited run,if taking it to track regular it can be of benifit and have it plumbed back into the sump

Ok. I only use it for day to day. I just heard it was good to fit them if u find a lot of spray going into the tmic. A few ppl was saying bout fitting the 2 one either side of the engine. That's why I asked.
On another note. Is it ok to use gear box oil in the diff. I'm changing it next week. I bought castrol syntrax(universal)

last time i serviced my diff i used fuchs syntrax diff oil not sure if you can use gear oil in diff,usually ya plum the to heads into one line back to the catch can.

I have always used the same 75w90 semi synthetic oil in diff and gearbox as that is what auto data recommends and I have 185000 miles on the car and the diff is perfect

Re: Re: Catch can install

[quote author=kerry sti link=topic=39808.msg1#msg1 date=1385504430]
d,ont use gear box oil in the diff .
[/quote]

Why is that?

Viscous diff uses 75/90 same as gearbox.?

That's fine. I'll be using the castrol syntrax in diff and box. Is it 3.5l for box and 0.9l for diff.

The question I'd be asking is "do I need a catch can?"
If the car has a standard engine you shouldnt need one imo

it was just i got one for free when i was stripping parts of another scooby, so i said id ask if it was worth putting in.

Back