CV Joint Question and clutch Question

dannyb

Middle Lane Hogs
Are all classic turbo CV joints the same, my car is a GF8k uk import, would a GC8B GF8B joint be the same, my dad is getting me new joints soon as an early crimbo gift and is lost with all these numbers so i need to know so as not to confuse him to much

Cheers

Edit

also while im at it, im getting the clutch done soon as well and i want to get all the parts in before hand, apart form the clutch what else would i need regards oil seals and the likes

Maybe if you don't have a clue what you need to get then you let the lad doin the work get the parts needed!

If you trust them enough to work on your car then trust them to supply the right parts!

my mate is doing the work for me at a very good price if i supply all parts, i just want to make sure i get the right ones is all

Regarding clutch Danny... You'll need a...

Clutch/Pressure plate
Rear crank oil seal (worth doing while clutch is out of the way)
Flywheel pilot bearing
Clutch release bearing

May need a new flywheel if your own can't be skimmed. Definately a must to get it skimmed while out too!

Not sure bout CV joints on classics... may vary with STI v WRX :ponder2:

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6™ link=topic=39796.msg453799#msg453799 date=1385381534]
Regarding clutch Danny... You'll need a...

Clutch/Pressure plate
Rear crank oil seal (worth doing while clutch is out of the way)
Flywheel pilot bearing
Clutch release bearing

May need a new flywheel if your own can't be skimmed. Definately a must to get it skimmed while out too!

Not sure bout CV joints on classics... may vary with STI v WRX :ponder2:
[/quote]

Cheers J

Clutch/Pressure plate Clutch release bearing all in the clutch kit i have, i'l give C&R a bell after lunch for the seal and bearing and he is skimming it for me or i might try pick up a used one and get it skimmed before hand

Have the joints sorted now

@ Colm thanks for that im on Micks garage now looking at service parts, my dad rang a mate and will have the joints for me before the weekend is out so i might as well get the lot off him as he offered to get it all for very cheap, im just wondering what he wants in return lol

Your car has abs ring on the hub Danny so it would be 93-98

the difference in the others is the 99-01 have the abs ring on the cv joint so wont fit yours and then the type r and ra have no abs all

Back