NCT Help..

CollyJS

Well lads brought the impreza in for the nct and it failed on emissions the reading was..

Low idle co0.09 VOL% above 50% fail----- pass
(766 rpm)

High idle Lambda 0.99 not between 0.97and 1.03 fail----pass
(2.636)
CO0.50 VOL% above0.30 fail---- fail/refusal

HC 38 PPM above 200 ppm fail----pass

So failed on high idle co2s any one shed any light on what this could be new to scoobys so haven't a breeze where to start :ponder:

Presuming you have your cats fitted still, I'd throw in a bit of Diptane as you don't seem to be too far over the limit and bring it back to them, obviously check the obvious first and make sure the are no leaks on the exhaust, oh and bring the car for a decent spin before the retest :thumbsup:

I have the same problem myself....
The CO is 0.36vol% which is even less than the OP.
The lambda reading is also 0.99

My mechanic reckons the cat might be at fault because the lambda sensor is within the limits...I had intended to log on here tonight to see what people's opinions are re buying a second hand cat or is that like buying a pig in a bag...?

How much is a cat, approx, new and second hand??

I also have to do the rear arb bushes and links, and brake pedal cover and they can only be got from a main dealer, the local motorfactors tell me.

even though the sensor is within limits they can still cause problems by switching to slow and increasing c0 so could be the issue 02 sensors have a life of about 50k then should be changed

ok.........my wagon just turned 100k km last month so maybe I should change the O2 sensor...
I only have until the 24th before the retest. Do I need to go to a dealer, Dec, to sort this kind of problem out really, because I'm only guessin between the cat and the o2 sensor, neither of which are too cheap so I could spend a lot of money and it would be hit and miss.

Apologies to OP, I know I'm hijacking the thread on him....

[quote author=adrianfa link=topic=39696.msg452877#msg452877 date=1384563853]

Apologies to OP, I know I'm hijacking the thread on him....
[/quote] No worries pal..

Sorry for only getting back on was giving it a service and wiring in morrete headlights (pain in the h**e) would bad plugs have anything to do with that reading i got?? Plugs i took out where bosch super 4s feels alot better with the ngks in it.. The cat is still on it and no leaks so was thinking o2 sensor myself is there any way of testing it??

Re: Re: NCT Help..

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=39696.msg1#msg1 date=1384639704]
Cat is the fault there colly....
[/quote]

Totally possible

But to diagnose over internet is good alright............

Back