turbo problem

roakesti

Sunday Drivers
well lads, im gonna sound stupid here, but im not a mechanic and i didnt know :booboo:

i was upgrading my turbo and i got a td05, thing i didnt know is that the td04 that was in the car was front entry and the td05 is top entry one.
question is can i get around this if i can would someone detail to me how to do it. if i cant then can u get td05 that fit a 98 classic irish car that is front entry

cheers for the help lads

You got an early version tdo5
Get rid of that and get a front entry and get your car mapped for it once fitted

the guy i bought it off said it would fit mine no problem, what year should i be looking at from what to what

You need to get n converted to front entry
Or buy a new side for it with the front entry
Google it and you will see
I'm on my phone so can't at the moment
Front entry side on eBay for around 80 euro I think
Great turbo

Could u say bit more. I don't understand wat I'm looking for and wat I'm looking for on ebay. I'm guessing ur saying there is a kit I can buy on ebay to change a front to top entry. But even when trying to fit the new turbo today. The black pipe the front entry turbo connects to was in the way.

I would advise selling the td05 and buying a vf28, save a lot of hassle ,

I hope your not doing this work yourself?

Doing what work myself hack and slash job on the turbo. Or fitting that and a top mount sti ic. If u don't get them mapped what happens. Does the car not run right or what

Back