any recommendations fr a headlight restoration place

DIY its a 30 min job, some wet and dry sand paper and some polishing compound. start with 300 grit and work your way up to 1500/2000 and then polish.

give them a go with some car polish, it will be less abrasive than sanding, and might improve them enough.

the polish would want a cutting agent of some type, G3 or some fine cutting compound

Would not go wit 300 grit paper seems to aggressive, 2000 then some 3000 and if that does not shift after a polish, then would just do that method again IMO.

If you were north side I would do them for you Ciaran.

All is needed is a machine polish and then seal afterwards unless there really bad then some wet sanding might be needed. :thumbsup:

Starting with 2/3000 grit will only work if the lamps are not too badly oxidised.

I have done this numerous times on very badly oxidised lights. The degree of oxidation determines how low a grit you start with.
obviously the worse the condition the lower the initial sandpaper grit.
2000 grit paper on badly oxidised lights is like trying to shave yourself with a banana.
You choose the appropriate grit and gradually move towards 2/3000 grit in steps, the following grit sandpaper removes the sanding marks from the previous provided the jump isn't too great.
You result is crystal clear lamps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=39626.msg452252#msg452252 date=1383824288]
just a bit of compound seemed to bring myne up a good bit .
[/quote]

And even at that you didn't do most of it, ya lazy git lol
:carexhaust:

[quote author=keith555 link=topic=39626.msg452296#msg452296 date=1383840222]
Would not go wit 300 grit paper seems to aggressive, 2000 then some 3000 and if that does not shift after a polish, then would just do that method again IMO.

If you were north side I would do them for you Ciaran.

All is needed is a machine polish and then seal afterwards unless there really bad then some wet sanding might be needed. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Cheers man karma for the offer colm already said he do em in bout a week robbie said he do em too great club spirit as usual...

If you want to come up to Portlaoise I have my own headlight restoration buisness and do a lot of subaru's
Just and option

Cheers tom sorry forgot to reply to your pm earlyer sounds good but im never dwn that way cheers for the heads up :thumbsup:

Back