what turbo to go for

scoobysub

ISDC Club Member
what turbo to go for

so having sorted the new 2.1 short block the question of what turbo is next . only after something new or refurbed that will give me between 300 and 330 bhp nthat doesn't cost the earth :thumbsup:

Re: what turbo to go for

Kinugawa turbo's are becoming more popular and well priced, you could get a 16g for about 70 quid, popular in US and down under

Go for the smallest turbo that will make the power you want from the engine that way it will spool up quickly and be very driveable on the road and track I'd say a td05 16 g or 18 g

Depends on your budget too I guess... might pick up a IHI VF30 or 34 for very reasonable money and would meet your power requirements and be very drivable.
If you have more to spend how about SC36 Billet? Supposed to have great spool and and a little headroom left without the cost of lag...

cheers lads so a td05 will do the job and get me 320 or so :thumbsup: sc36 is out of my range

Theres a td05 on it barry also need a side entry as to not change . Probley go for a refurb unit from andy forrester 16/18g depending on price :thumbsup:

bump for this as i was going for a td05 but andy has no turbos at the moment and is waiting on a parts supplier so he can clear the back log could be a couple of weeks anyone any other other suggestions.
was looking at an sc32 but there out of stock at the moment. the sc36 is there but its big money 1300 euros or so and as i'm not looking for numbers just relibality its probley overkill . but it has to be a new or proper refurbed turbo and from some one reputable anyone any ideas .
i can use an 90 degree elbow to convert it from front entry to top entry and it will give more options .

will give him a try most places only have turbo's from 350bhp up not than many doing smaller bhp turbos

Check out ra motorsport i think it is joe il dig it out later they do turbos recommended by andy forrest

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=39545.msg487779#msg487779 date=1409232718]
will give him a try most places only have turbo's from 350bhp up not than many doing smaller bhp turbos
[/quote]

Depends what boost you run , you don't have to run the engine at 350hp

Or are you worried about lag?

Where is the best place to get a new td05 18g
Loads out of stock or waiting for them to come in from America at the moment it seems

have you looked at kinugawa they seem to be getting good reviews maybe someone else might have more info on them :thumbsup:

Back