fuse problem

DUFFMAN

Member Number 25Full ISDC Members 2015
lads i have a problem the illumination fuse (10 amp) keeps blowing after a short drive, which runs the front foglights, back fog light and instrument panel lights(very annoying in the dark) i think it started when i changed the rear spoiler from one with a brake light to one without.ive taped up the wires that fed the brake light individually .has anybody had this trouble before its starting to wreck my head :wall: please help

no dont really now to be honest,it must b shortin somewhere but where.ive used insulation tape so presume its not at the old connections

id check the insulating tape 1st to see that ders no trands goin to earth,if der ok id check the cables in the boot(check the corners 1st) to see dat you havent strained or frayed dem making dem go to earth,i dont think its a good earth cus the the fuse doesnt blow straight away :ponder: :ponder:

i havent checked to see fuse value i but 10amp sounds right. recheck everything you did when you changed the spoiler. if nothing obvious, have engine running,brake pedal pressed and fogs etc on and open and close boot and doors a couple of times(lightly slamming). if fuse still ok continue tapping all around the car particularly around front bumper fogs in the hope that you'll find the area that causes it to blow.  the illumination wire goes to your head unit so check wiring is not damaged or chafing on the casing etc....
good luck.

Dunno if this is any use to you but I had a problem like this a while back on a 03 primera, turned out the tail lamp wiring ran down by the hand brake and had got snagged down there and was earthing..Keep in mind if youre stuck :)

make sure it is earted corectly to the corect earth and oh ya u need a higher fuse any hassel giz a shout and il inform u more

thanks lads got it sorted loose connection at back of radio

thanks for all the replies :subaru:

Back