New tyre questions

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Need to replace 2 of my tyres this month so i have, rotated them around to have the 2 worst ones on the rear axle, I need to replace them asap as one is very bad from the track day.

Is it ok to put on just 2 tyres on the 4wd system, same size tyres but different design pattern etc.

Also where is the cheapest place in Dublin for tyres? I need to get 2 x 225/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1's this week. Cheapest ive seen so far is 160 each fitted in discount tyres in Blanchardstown

i can get them for similar money from camskill, just curious about cheapest local prices, that might come close to online prices

Sure if your paying €130 online and still to pay to get them fitted, waiting for delivery etc, id just go with the €160 fitted in blanch. Less hastle, drive over get it done, old tyres disposed of,seems ok.

Re: Re: New tyre questions

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=39471.msg1#msg1 date=1382375064]
how much is fitting these days? about 10 euro per tyre?
[/quote]

Depends what your asking them to do.

As in

Fit tyre
Fit tyre and new valve
Fit tyre. New valve and balance

And then if loose wheels or car ramp. Remove and refit.

Normally charge e15 a corner incl balance.

Imo e160 supllied and fitted for goodyear eagle F1 incl new valve and balance is pretty decent.

yeah would be fit tyre, new valves and balance alright and dispose of 2 old ones. i bought last set locally before, so i dont think there is great savings to be had getting them online and them finding a place willing to fit them over here alright

Do you have a vat number if so it makes it worthwhile
If not I'd just get them in blanch

no vat number unfortuntely, that would make a lot of things easier!

So its ok to just swap the 2 rears? still lots of life left on the two fronts, just dont have the money to replace the 4 at the minute!

Yup doing 2 will be grand imo id put the new ones up front :thumbsup:

Ps i enquired with camskill the other day there f1s xl are outta stock till dec
They said goodyear are only producing winter tires at the moment.
Important to check the date tire was produced from who ever you get em off first some places sell slightly older rubber better to get a recent production run

they still have them as showing in stock on camskill, ill stick gthe two new ones on the front, ill ring around tomorrow and see who has them in stock and the best priced

dan send alan the wagon a pm he works in a tyre place sure he could do you you a deal :thumbsup:

Not in my size outta stock
Let me know where u got best deal ill be needing 2 soon :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-21-23-19-42.png
    Screenshot_2013-10-21-23-19-42.png
    137.4 KB · Views: 4
[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=39471.msg450809#msg450809 date=1382394068]
dan send alan the wagon a pm he works in a tyre place sure he could do you you a deal :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Might do, cheers!

so looks like discount tyres in blanch have the best deal, 160 fitted and balance and new valves plus 50 euro maxol fuel voucher, basically making them 135 each, pointless in ordering online at that price!

just my luck, got a puncture this morning on the bad tyre and didnt have my spare in the boot! had to get towed to garage, 158 euro each though :( Just got the two for now to see can i get another to cheaper off Alan :)

They said manufacturer recommends putting the new tyres on the rear, i guess this is prevent oversteer which would be harder for most joe soaps to correct than understeer?

Back