Suspesion and Brake upgrade.

Prodrive

Sunday Drivers
Hi lads, been away for a while and have my car off the road at the minute. I'm looking for advice on coilovers and brake upgrade for a year 2000 Turbo Sport Wagon, UK Spec. Any ideas on brands and prices for coilovers, and what is the best upgrade for the brakes, they are standard at the minute. Is second hand components a good route to go? I have 17inch Eclipse 7 Spoke Alloys on the car now. I am upgrading power in the next few months as well to hopefully around the 280bhp mark hence brake upgrade. Also will I have any issues with the coilovers for an NCT? I have to put back on my standard exhaust for the NCT but if possible would like to fit the coilovers and brakes before I NCT the car. Thanks lads.

Thought there would be a good few replies to this .

As regards brakes a set of Subaru 4 pots a decent set of 294mm grooved discs and ebc yellowstuff pads will sharpen things up braking wise , good idea to upgrade the rear as well and make sure all the sliders are working freely as they should.

Coilovers are not really needed unless planned some track use , a decent set of lowering springs and sti pink shocks will improve the handling.

If your heart is set on coilovers , cannot really go wrong with bc coilovers

[quote author=Federal link=topic=39326.msg449200#msg449200 date=1380917432]
for brakes would add braided lines with good brake fluid
[/quote]

:plusone: Forgot the essentials :scoobyblueisdc:

Cheers BazGF8 and Federal, now 4 Pots, are they from an STI of the same year? Could I buy STI Calipers and Disks for my car as a straight bolt on option? The car has had a suspension upgrade before I bought it but I don't know what brand they are, the car has been poly bushed with upgraded parts as well. The suspension is pretty firm bordering on harsh (impeccable road handling already with this) but I am looking really for a lowered look to set the car off on the new wheels. Would STI Suspension of the same year do this??? Thanks.

if it was my mine I would fit sti pink struts and eibach lowering springs ,then as above fit a set of grooved discs front and rear and ebc yellowstuff pads ,camber bolt kit up front and a good geometry setup then braided hoses and 5.1 brake fluid,next step is replace the bushings with poly urethane bushes and you will have a great handling Scooby that will have no hassle staying planted through the bends

Lads, many thanks. :thumbsup: This is the reason why I joined ISDC. Can I assume that I don't need coilovers then? I'm not heading to a track or racing my car, just want a really nice looking/handling car, with enough grunt for me. What's the opinion on second hand components on suspension and brakes?

Yea the membership well worth it for the sound advice alright might be worth reading a few members cars blogs of people that use there cars every day that will give you sm great ideas of how to go. id also say that tires are one of the best mods to do so when needed choose a good set.

When it comes to suspension defo go new for springs and pads and mabay disks depending on the condition of yours. I stuck with oem shocks in mine and got a quality spring the difference in positive handling stance and even better comfort was like night and day great result.

Also might be worth starting a members car blog fire up a little history on you your car and things planned for her..

Good luck :thumbsup:

Back