IC water spray?

B

Beast4mdaeast

yo lads
can somone tell me what.. trigures the "Auto IC water spray" on the 98/99 impreza sti...
When i push the manual "IC water spray" button i can hear the pump spraying away like it should!!
But when i push the "Auto IC water spray" button' the orange dash light stays on!!......So when does it actualy spray,, and what causes it???

thanks alot...steo

I'd be interested to know this myself as I would like to fit IC water spray to my car!
I was just going to use the existing washer water bottle and a new washer pump and 2 heads, But I dont know how to atuomate it!
I dont want to have to push a button! Ideally when the turbo goes over 1 Bar or something like that would be fine I'm sure!
Dan

AFAIK it automatically works off a boost pressure but I dont know what the factory setting is.

Probably a stupid remark Steo but is the bottle full.

My light only comes on when empty yet manual switch still makes the noise when pushed.Dont think the light should be on when the auto switch is on.

Sure someone will be along with better advise

[quote author=CARLO link=topic=4505.msg47953#msg47953 date=1196862450]
Probably a stupid remark Steo but is the bottle full.

My light only comes on when empty yet manual switch still makes the noise when pushed.Dont think the light should be on when the auto switch is on.

Sure someone will be along with better advise

[/quote]oh rite thanks man that explanes the light then:-D ..yea the bottle is deffo full?
i had to change the the small pump that attaches to the water bottle because the old pump wasnt workin.. maybe theres a lose conection somwere il havta check that out!!

My light is on when auto switch pressed and pressing manual button doesn't seem to do anything.
Pump gone maybe?
Think the auto is supposed to work when intercooler reaches a certain temperature.

Had a look today.Light on switch is on but orange light on dash only comes on when empty.I think. Will have to check again in the morning.Steo have you pushed the manual switch when driving or stopped.(more to investigate) :smokin:

If you have it on auto it guzzles the water. unless you're driving it hard leave it off. press the manual button for a quick blast after you've been sittin in traffic for a while and get going again. it just makes the air cool the i/c faster.

[quote author=CARLO link=topic=4505.msg48015#msg48015 date=1196894674]
Had a look today.Light on switch is on but orange light on dash only comes on when empty.I think. Will have to check again in the morning.Steo have you pushed the manual switch when driving or stopped.(more to investigate) :smokin:
[/quote]ah ok so the small orange light just above the auto button' lights up when the auto buttin is pushd...
Yea the manual spray button works when the cars siting in trafic or while driving.. il have a quick check tonight il try it on Auto spray.....take the car for a run without boosting'pull over and see if the intercooler has water on it??......if not il try anouther run (boosting) and pull over agen and check the intercooler!!

Back