which telly??

JOHNNY T

ISDC Club Member
right lads im goin to get a new telly pretty soon and just wondering what make to go with..have a philips 32 inch flat screen the last 4 years and im looking to get a 40 or 42 inch lcd yoke with hd and all that... any help ye can give me would be great...i dont want to buy the first thing i see... :ponder:

Sony 42" HD LCD! Give Alan(Tractorman) a shout! He works in DID electrical in Blanch! I got one off him last month and It's the Dogs!

if your looking for the right telly i would consider the 60" Lg flatscreen HD ready,
ive ordered one from D.I.D Electrical with full surround sound, Bluray Dvd player,
wall mount and table for €3000. :headbanger:

i like things that are big :thumbsup:

Sti Garda

Yup, I'd agree with Anton. I am looking for one soon enough and have been doing my homework on them.

You can get a Sony Bravia 1080p for less than €2k. The are a superb telly. They have great pixel and contrast figures.

DO NOT get the biggest and cheapest one you can. What is a good idea is to get a magazine about them and read reviews etc. You'd be surprised what you learn.

Some of the Hitachi units are good too. My brother and one of the lads have them and they have a decent picture.

deffo get LCD,
plasma has a reputation for getting screenburn or ghosting and because it is gas can start creating a buzzing sound  :thumbsup:

[quote author=Sti Garda link=topic=4504.msg47922#msg47922 date=1196823457]
if your looking for the right telly i would consider the 60" Lg flatscreen HD ready,
ive ordered one from D.I.D Electrical with full surround sound, Bluray Dvd player,
wall mount and table for €3000. :headbanger:

i like things that are big :thumbsup:

Sti Garda
[/quote]

Thats a decent price..
Whats the blueray quality like??

[quote author=flames link=topic=4504.msg47965#msg47965 date=1196871036]
deffo get LCD,
plasma has a reputation for getting screenburn or ghosting and because it is gas can start creating a buzzing sound :thumbsup:
[/quote]

after 7 years??? who keeps anything for 7 years nowdays?

has to be an Lcd as flames said its gets a bad case of screen burn after 2 years now according to the sales people at dixons :ponder: and they are trying to sell us them :ponder:

OMG darkshadow agreed with something i said, what is going on who has logged on under his name LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
you can get screenburn with LCD as well but it takes a few years and i know there is something you can buy to eliminate the image from your screen

Back