best pads for brembos?

Ciaran WRX

ISDC Club Member
Lads thinkin of getting brembos and was wondering what do you find is the best are the best pads to use I want something
That gives good braking performance but isnt harsh like my current cl rc5 s pads ...cheers

I would recommend ebc yellow best all round pad on the market imo iv used them on the road and track and find them very good

Ok dec cheers I got em on the back alright but the cls In combination with the groved front disks are starting to annoy me with the roughness ..

What do you mean by roughness on the CL's?

I'm picking up a set of ferodo ds2500's soon, need them for general road driving. RC8's for the trackday then :049:

Cheers lads barry mabay a set of yellows on the front so no grinding on ur on your lap showed a mate again it today hes been round it a load of times and was very impressed with the lap :thumbsup:

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=39285.msg448818#msg448818 date=1380573670]
What do you mean by roughness on the CL's?

I'm picking up a set of ferodo ds2500's soon, need them for general road driving. RC8's for the trackday then :049:
[/quote]

The carbon lorange pads are very rough(kinda gribding noise or wurring) when slowing down when driving normally

When lightly braking you mean? I had that problem with my rc6's. I just regreased them every 4-6 weeks at the time and was sorted as I loved the performance.

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=39285.msg448823#msg448823 date=1380574445]
When lightly braking you mean? I had that problem with my rc6's. I just regreased them every 4-6 weeks at the time and was sorted as I loved the performance.
[/quote]

Yea ive no prob with the performance they are savage but not very refined in the city re grease prob work but im way to lazy to do that :multijump:

my options are Cl RC5+, RC6, Ferrodo ds2500's or EBC yellowstuff/bluestuff/orangestuff. Hard to find a supplier of the ds2500's online though for my calipers. Need to get them sorted before trackday! no one is anwsering the phones or emails this week!

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=39285.msg448897#msg448897 date=1380641866]
my options are Cl RC5+, RC6, Ferrodo ds2500's or EBC yellowstuff/bluestuff/orangestuff. Hard to find a supplier of the ds2500's online though for my calipers. Need to get them sorted before trackday! no one is anwsering the phones or emails this week!
[/quote]

Thats very annoying alrite dan when people dont get back to you grinds my gears too..I have rc5+ cl up front on mine I dont like em under normal city driving I gotta say

yeah if i dont hear back from the few places ive been chatting to ill just order the yellowstuff from camskill/amazon readily available and seen to be liked by the lads on here. And people wonder why you buy everything online!

Feck it, i just ordered them from amazon, should have them thursday, they will get a good testing on the 11th!

cheers Dec, sure ill give the yellowstuff a go, i had ferodo's when i first got the AP's so ill see how these compare, they are coming in very cheap too from amazon.

no hassle dan ,id say yellows will do you grand their an excellent pad only problem with any brakes is that lads use them to much hovering on the pedal and over braking. short and sharp is the right way to brake on track

[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=39285.msg1#msg1 date=1380661236]
no hassle dan ,id say yellows will do you grand their an excellent pad only problem with any brakes is that lads use them to much hovering on the pedal and over braking. short and sharp is the right way to brake on track
[/quote]

That's a lesson you taught me as well :)

You gonna fit a godspeed big brake conversion kit or just decided you're happy enough with current setup afterall?

Back