Upgrading speakers in my blob

keith555

Octane Boostaholics
So I have decided its time to do a small upgrade as I can't stand the standard factory speakers.

They sound dreadful. :argh:

So question is what size speakers are there in a 05 blob sti and what speakers do people recommend.

I am pretty sure the front ones are 5.25 but heard the back are 4 or 5.25. :ponder2:

Also to people who have done this upgrade have you came across any problems with depth of the aftermarket speakers touching against the glass etc

Cheers :thumbsup:
Keith.

I have speakers for mine as the passo one is bust but went to fit them and realised they are slightly too big and need a spacer which i still haven't got made up a year later. There's a lip on the inside of the door card that you may need to trim as well.

A project for this winter for myself me thinks.

Yeah I have just read about the spacers on a different site.

Think DUFFMAN be getting his saw out for some spacers for me. :thumbsup:

Does the blob have tweeter speakers as well Rob.

Mine does but think they are aftermarket as they are alpine :dontknow:

Sure it'll be as easy for him to make 2 sets as 1, I actually have a drawing done in work for it, will dig it out tomorrow :thumbsup:

Finally picked up a set of fli 5 inch and fli 6 inch speakers in halfords sale last night for 45e for both.

Well got them for free really as I had a 50e gift card from x mas. :dance:

I have made up a drawing of the brackets needed and I am going about making them I case anyone is doing the upgrade in future I will mail you the drawing if you let me know. :thumbsup:

www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/s..._productId_773301_langId_-1_categoryId_212533

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/s..._productId_773339_langId_-1_categoryId_212533

dont expect stellar audio performance from them, they are ok to replace busted speakers but i killed a set in my old car fairly easily

I know there not going to be the best quality but are better than the sh*t what's in them.

I plan down the line to upgrade them again to decent ones if they ever let go but for now they will do.

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=39241.msg466082#msg466082 date=1392192476]
damn you! you have me looking at upgrades now too for mine!
[/quote]

:smokin:

I made the brackets out of mdf. Cut and installed them the other day.

If I get a chance during the week I can cut you of a set if you like Rob.

Back