Engine light on after decat of bugeye

thequadcam

Petrolheads
Hi lads, i decided to take the up pipe out with the cat and put in a 01 sti up pipe that has no cat in, is there any way that i can do to stop the engine light from coming on, or will i have to get her mapped to sort it out, there is two sensors before the turbo, one for the cat up pipe , and one in the section before the cat, what do t do with the cat that should be in the cat , will i unplug it of what....

it would be great if i could get this sorted , thanks very much lads

There is a 5omh resistor that can be wired in, nearly sure it's on the downpipe sensor, but mapping is probably the best option.

i tried disconnecting the battery for a few hours today to reset everything, when i connected the battery the engine light is out, went for a drive and even gave it to her and no light :dontknow:

[quote author=thequadcam link=topic=39222.msg448001#msg448001 date=1379868168]
i tried disconnecting the battery for a few hours today to reset everything, when i connected the battery the engine light is out, went for a drive and even gave it to her and no light :dontknow:
[/quote]

Give it a few days got mine maped a while ago and light came on after ciaran asd connected up to ecu was showing as exhaust temp sensor (dnt think sti up has this sensor) light was cleared and came on again few days later it will get switched off on my upcoming map tweek nothing to worry bout though car drivin fine so i recon map tweek the way to go anyway the sti up has no cat so your car will benift from the map

You just Need a resistor in the egt connector and it will go away that's What I did with mine

Unplug the connection (male and female) that leads to your egt probe.its located at the right strut turret. Get your 2.2K ohm resistor (from Maplins) and stick one end of the wire part of the resistor into one of the female "holes" of the connection you have just pulled apart and then insert the other end of the wire into the other female "hole" located next to the first hole with the wire in. This effectivley makes a loop or "U" bend in the connection and this fools the egt into thinking nothing is wrong. Tape the whole thing up and tie it back to something with tie wraps

Thats great information lads , thanks very much , i might try and get my hands on a performance down pipe cat before i think about a map, so its a spin around to Maplins for me during the week so :thumbsup:

if you decat it Fergus call in to me in work I have adaptors made to make it not turn on mil when cat is removed it just screws into the 02 sensor whole ,I heard ya purchased again fair play if your passing some eve call in and give me a look at her :thumbsup:

Back