B4 parking light bulbs?

MARTINGTI

Octane Boostaholics
This might sound stupid but both my parking lights were not working. So went to fix them today and found there were no bulbs in them! So anyway, the bulb holder has two contact points inside. I took the bulb holder to a motor factor and they failed to get a bulb to work in it for me...! Any ideas or am I loosing it?? Is there a special bulb etc???

I must be! But it's not! Its like what i call a normal indicator bulb. Your standard round bulb... But when u look into the holder it has two contact points down the bottom. Now I got a bulb like an indicator bulb with two contact points but no joy!!!

This is the type that fits... But won't work....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
the bulb you have shown is only a single contact bulb and you said it had two pins in the holder on that case you would need a double contact like a standard brake and tail

Yep, working fine! The fact the bulbs were taken out of the front and left empty worries me!

I wonder are they the original head lamps in it have you checked for power in the holder with a tester

I'd say they are the original hid lights alright. Haven't checked for power, no way of doin it!

I had a jap import civic a few years back and I had to get bulbs from a jap motor factor
As the garage I worked in didnt do jap bulbs
Mightn't be your problem but thought I'd post just incase :thumbsup:

if your rears are working your fuses are fine so the next step will have to be get the power checked at the connectors might need to go to a mechanic if you have no way of doin it yourself

Might make sense colm! That's what I'm hoping someone can verify... Have my Nct re test sat! Have to have them working by then!!

[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=39127.msg446988#msg446988 date=1378937761]
if your rears are working your fuses are fine so the next step will have to be get the power checked at the connectors might need to go to a mechanic if you have no way of doin it yourself
[/quote]

Ill head to my mechanic in the morning, see what he makes if it! Cheers dec!

Can you take a photo of the holder and post it up here, better chance of getting an answer if we knew what we were looking for?

The bulb is fairly standard and should be available in any decent motor factors, its a double filament bulb you need but a single filament will also work. The reason for the double filament is that when you turn on the indicator, it activates the second filament so the bulb actually gets brighter when the indicator flashes so it can still be seen.

I can't remember for sure whether its straight offset pins but you should be able to tell by looking in the holder, whether the slots are straight across from each other or not.

From memory, the indicator is the same bulb type (except single filament and orange) so you could try that if you need to check its getting power.

Thanks guys! Dropped it to my mechanic today, no power getting to the holder, so he taking off the wing liners to trace it back. Should be sorted tomoro! Nct re test is sat evening so it better be!

Back