Tommy Tiernan

WetPatch

Petrolheads
Hey guys,

I went to see him on Thursday with the girlfriend, just wondering if anybody else from here has gone to see his Bovinity gig in Vicar Street and what did they think of it?

i'm going to see him soon with a mate, i'm looking forward to it i heard his gigs are great :thumbsup:

still not to sure about him, some of his stuff is good but i thing he goes over the top a bit, and annoys the feck out of me..

Yeah i seen Des Bishop before he did all the RTE stuff and started repeating al his jokes, he was pretty funny.
The Tommy gig was pretty funny, he ripped the piss out of live line over the DS stuff he got flack over, the stuff they where saying all got taken out of context.

The funniest gig ive been to though was probably Bottom back in 2001 in The Point, it was funny as F**k

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO DECLAN, I DONT KNOW :lol: :lol: :lol:

tommy tiernan is a right laugh, enjoy the show

:thumbsup:

I think Tommy Tiernan is about as funny getting shot in the head. I have yet to laugh at anything he has ever said. I have looked at dvd's and tv programmes with him in them,and I get more of a laugh when the advertisements for Mc Donalds and the tinted moisturiser plank come on. I just don't get him.

comedy is like music in that way...I personally don't like tommy tiernan...but I love The Mighty Boosh and people I've showed it too think its ridiculous...A brilliant Condedian is BIll Baliey quailty stand up show

Well the best stand up comedian is without a doubt Richard Prior, i could watch his dvd on repeat. Also when u watch it u dont realize that most of the routines you hear today where pioneered by him.

[quote author=WetPatch link=topic=4482.msg47709#msg47709 date=1196692395]
Well the best stand up comedian is without a doubt Richard Prior, i could watch his dvd on repeat. Also when u watch it u dont realize that most of the routines you hear today where pioneered by him.
[/quote]

aye lad eddie murphy, chris rock, and even Dave Chapelle to a certain extent but he is more laid back..check out Killing Them Softly or For What its worth..genius

My mate went to see Tommy Tiernan last night, he thought it was funny but said a lot of people walked out. I guess its just personal taste, i think he can be funny at times but wouldnt pay to see him. Gimme billy Connolly, Lee Evans, Chris Rock or Eddie Murphy anyday. They are bloody hilarious!!

Tommy Tiernan is with out a doubt the greatest comedian we've
had for years ..............i think he's fantastic and a great ambassador
to the country.

The problem is, some people are too sensitive or too PC and simply shouldn't get out of
bed in the morn .................the rest are simply too FOOKEN OLD !!!!

Scruff your just gone past the Darkside of 40 so you prob don't understand
his jokes :p :p :p

Niall :D

[quote author=Niallyboy link=topic=4482.msg47719#msg47719 date=1196701706]
to the country.

The problem is, some people are too sensitive or too PC and simply shouldn't get out of

[/quote]

Not That he offends nothing would offend me...his material just isnt great..dont like his style he has to shout to ram home his point..not actually that much substance in what he does he drags things out aswell...He copies his stlyefrom Sam Kennerson imo..who did it way better much more out there...ovibously with comedians you either take to their persona or you dont..Billy Connely does the same thing spends half the show laughing at a joke before he tells it..BUT hes likeable..

Ya its his matieral. Alot of people just laugh cause theres a guy shouting and cursing about jesus christ or something. I'd like to see how funny he was if he didnt curse or shout. I dont care if he curses its just im used of people cursing and dont find it funny :dance:

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=4482.msg47724#msg47724 date=1196703534]
[quote author=Niallyboy link=topic=4482.msg47719#msg47719 date=1196701706]
to the country.

[/quote]

Not That he offends nothing would offend me...his material just isnt great..dont like his style he has to shout to ram home his point..not actually that much substance in what he does he drags things out aswell...He copies his stlyefrom Sam Kennerson imo..who did it way better much more out there...ovibously with comedians you either take to their persona or you dont..Billy Connely does the same thing spends half the show laughing at a joke before he tells it..BUT hes likeable..
[/quote]

Thats what I was trying to say but you described it perfectly.

I couldn't care what the subject matter is, if you are a good comedian you will make me laugh. He, simply does not, and shouting the punchline, does not make it any funnier.

Anyway, a coffin with scratching noises coming from it is funnier than him.

If you want to see some really great ad-lib comedy get a dvd called The Blue Collar Comedy it takes a lot to make me laugh but i was laughing so hard at this i nearly fell off the chair lol  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote author=Scruff link=topic=4482.msg47691#msg47691 date=1196675526]
I think Tommy Tiernan is about as funny getting shot in the head. I have yet to laugh at anything he has ever said. I have looked at dvd's and tv programmes with him in them,and I get more of a laugh when the advertisements for Mc Donalds and the tinted moisturiser plank come on. I just don't get him.
[/quote]
I did'nt know my dad was a member on ISDC :D Here Dad piss off you dont even own a Subaru!!!!! :p

I think Tommy Tiernan is so so so funny, I love in the dvd ok baby his favourite new hobby is "Parking in handicapped spaces" or when he imitates ducks having sex!! Its immature humour that really cracks me up!!! :D

[quote author=Twinnie link=topic=4482.msg47876#msg47876 date=1196798714]
[quote author=Scruff link=topic=4482.msg47691#msg47691 date=1196675526]
[/quote]
I did'nt know my dad was a member on ISDC :D Here Dad piss off you dont even own a Subaru!!!!! :p

I think Tommy Tiernan is so so so funny, I love in the dvd ok baby his favourite new hobby is "Parking in handicapped spaces" or when he imitates ducks having sex!! Its immature humour that really cracks me up!!! :D
[/quote]

OK, I'm getting too old, enough said.

Back