sticking!!

wrxed

Sunday Drivers
Guys,
Don`t know if anyone has come across dis but my 97 WRX is giving me jip :angry:. Its like the fuel is momentarly sticking and not reaching the pump and the car starts to chug. Particurly when im on long journeys doing 120Km(roughly!!) and when I decelerate down the gears to 2nd it does this jumping on me. Its a jap import and hasn`t bn mapped for 95 octane,could dat be a problem?
Any help would be appreciated, cheers lads..... :pray:

Sounds like a sensor issue to me. A fuel filter slightly block will not act like that. Lines blocking up are very rare. Read the fault codes and see what comes up. If not check connection's to crank and cam sensor.

John

Cheers guys for the info,I`ve been away for a few days so haven`t bn replying. I had a new walbro fuel pump replaced a few weeks ago so I don`t think its the fuel filter. I`ve sent it into my local garage but they don`t have computer interface for a jap import and a suburu garage in monasterevin who also don`t have the program. Don`t know if it just an excuse not to check it out or what but anyway. Anyone know a garage that does? Cheers

Is a fuel filter a hard thing to replace??
And if it is nackered, would it cause an increase in fuel consumption??

fuel filter is dead easy ro change..just the in feed pipe off...out feed pipe off...replace new filter and connect 2 pipes again...sorted...1/2 hour at least.. :thumbsup:

Back