Tear in Hose ???

Niallyboy

Petrolheads
Lads i have an issue were when i accelerate hard , at anywhere from 3000rpm
to 5000rpm .............the engine cuts all power (exact same as over boost) and i get a large bang out
through the exhaust , then she'll drive fine again ...............once not under hard acceleration.

Im thinking there must be a hole or tear in one of my hoses leaving in way too much air .

When it happened last night , i was at .6bar boost and just over 4000 rpm .
I was able to check to this after with the apexi hand controller , so definitely not over boost
and thankfully the knock level was nice and low at 10 .

Am i correct in thinking its a possible fault with hose ? anything else i should check tonight .

NIall.

would it be your maf Niall ?
Similar with mine minus the bang out the exhaust and that was what it was

Thanks scoobycolm :thumbsup:

TBH i think your right , i do need to replace the MAF and it's prob running rich
hence the big fook off bang out of the exhaust

Niall.

Be very carefull it can destroy the later cars
Change it imediatelly
Very dangerous niall
One for sale on here too
On phone can't find link but there's one there
They need to be changed every 2 years to avoid the worst

Hey Niall, what kind of MAF does your type-R need?

If it's the insert type as in the picture below, I may have a good one lying around, which I don't need.
Would be good to test it first before spending money on a new one?

Caudalimetro_Maf_Vw_0280218017.jpg

Cheers Colm :thumbsup:

Codders i.ll go check tonight , if it's the one , it would be great to test it
Thanks for offer :thumbsup:

NIall.

Have to agree sounds like a maf prob mine was overboosting under full throttle from any revs and going into safe mode with a thud changed the maf and its running a lot better i wasnt getting any bangs though

Hey Codders ,

Thanks for the offer mate but mine is a different MAF sensor , the trumpet looking thing.
Just got a quote of €392 plus vat off SUBARU :shock2:

But found this on the net and at £95 pounds , that's a nice saving
http://www.expressauto24.net/Mass-Air-Flow-Sensor-Subaru-Impreza-Legacy-22680-AA271-MAF

I have always bought OE sensors but since i need an 02 as well , think i might try a cheapper one :ponder2:

On a second note:

What is this sensor for , mine needs replacing as it has a loose wire , it's in the bottom left of photo ,
circled in white .
006-1.jpg

NIall.

That's the Air intake temp sensor.

I don't think it's too important, when I had my air box replaced with the cold intake, it was just lying disconnected.

Back