Starting drift car

D

dan_wrx

Hey all, can anyone help... i'm looking to get into drifitng in the next few months but wonder does anyone know where id pick up a cheap car to start with

180 - 200sx goes very cheap in england, and because its for offroad use, no vrt, you might even pick up a ready to drift one for feck all

Yeah am hoping to pick up a nice 180sx, if it needs wrk, then so be it, but prices for them are outrageous here!!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

Hey Dan,
contact Brian Moore of Madcap Imports
he's one of our Club sponsor's and brings
in a lot of cars for the Irish Drift Series.

I'll pm you his mobile number

Niall.

Thanks Niall, I will give him a buzz!!! Spotted a nice 180sx for 4k, but would need some work!!! But I guess I gotta learn to fix things sooner or later

Having done an exhausting search for the last day and a half... i have found nothing to suit!!!! Plenty cars... well overpriced though! All i need is RWD, pref 180sx or similar, something i can spend a few months working on!!!!

Hey Dan,

As Niall said, try Brian as he has alot of contacts for these type of cars and also knows most of the lads in the drifting scene so may know if anyone is selling their car..... :thumbsup:

Alan.

hi there,have a standard 180sx 2L twincam for sale 1997, 6500euro ono

If you are looking for a 180sx or 200sx make sure you get the SR20DET instead of the CA18DET engine. Obvioulsy the SR20 is the 2L. The CA18 is the 1.8 and is weak as fook. The SR20's are more or less bomb proof.

Basically aim for a 180sx, think they are all SR20, but a bit partial to rust. The S14 200sx is probably your best bet. Great little cars to go and relatively cheap. There are loads of them in the UK.

Check out this site. It's a dedicated 200sx site in the UK. Plenty of cars for sale on it.  http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/index.php

how about an old sierra or volvo 340???..maybe an omega? something old weld the diff and your way ..save you a heap of money in the long run..your bound to wreck your first one

Or even an old BMW with a welded diff.... You'd pick up a ropey e34 520 cheap enough. Strip it out and away you go. Would only cost about €500.

Back