new Impreza owner here

B

Beast4mdaeast

wats up folks :thumbsup:
my names stevo, im living in Dublin, and i just bought my first Scooby :cheers:
its a' v5 STi type R... and i love it to bits!!
i became a member, to find out as much as i can about Scoobys... bfore i got the impreza i was a proud owner of a 226hp/192lbft Glanza V for two years!!
iv always wanted a mica blue STI type R and now i have it i want to know everyting there is to know about, Maintance/ tuning/ and just enjoying the Burble :subaru:

Welcome along.
Mine is a V5 type R too and i also had a Glanza V before hand. Only had 180bhp or so.
Had my type R about 3 months. Cost more to maintain and run than the Glanza but so worth it.
Use a good Quality 10w50 fully synthetic engine oil and Genuine Subaru oil filter.
Also if its a jap import you may want to get it mapped or at least use Maxoil E5 fuel or octane booster or you could kill your engine.

thanks lads :thumbsup:
the last lad(40 year old) that owned the scooby realy lookd after it' shes been serviced every 6000kmh and he always put a full bottle of Miller Cvl octane booster with a full tank of juce :)... he gave me 2 full boxes of the stuff to get me goin..

yea the Glanza was deadly....but the scooby is the Dogs Bo**ex  :salute:
heres a pic of the starbo
cleanglanza019.jpg

cleanglanza032Medium.jpg

and heres a sh*t pic of the Scooby
thenewBeast004Medium.jpg

Welcome along :thumbsup:

Just out of curiosity how would the 226 bhp Glanza compare from say 40 to 80 mph against your new Scooby? Those manifold pipes look mad but your new Scooby is a stunner :)

Frawls

thanks for all the comments lads ;)

@ FRAWLS.. ah id say the Glanza would have a slight edge,,but the laaaaag waz abit annoying if you were in the wrong gear!!
The Glanza was so light the power to weight raito was insane :wazzup: when she came on full boost the torque steer was scary....

the Scooby has way beter Grip, comfort, the power is savage for a fairly standerd car, and i love the way it feels toatly "Solid" on the road..and ya just cant beat that flat four rumble  :subaru:

Yeah those Glanza's are mad for torque steer. Scary when overtaking especially if damp out.
Fun car though.
If you did that to your Glanza i cant wait to see your mods develope on the impreza

Lovely car lad. Welcome to the club. You will get all the advice you need for running,maintaining and tuning your scooby right here. Enjoy  the club. :thumbsup: :subaru: :subaru:

Back