CLAY BAR - DO YOU USE IT...?

Do you use clay bar...???

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

JAMIE-TYPERV6

Octane Boostaholics
Hi all,

I've a mate involved with clay bar who asked if I could get the opinions of our members here on it as a product.... if they use it or not... and if they do or don't... then why not!

Can you please take part in the poll above... and if you want to elaborate or feel your answer isn't listed above, then feel free to post in the tread. As much info a possible would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Jamie. :thumbsup:

have the kit there ever since the autoglym meet about two years ago , has never left the box ! :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Yes bought the Maguires kit from halfords after seeing some people in japan using it on youtube dicided to give it a go

Its a bit of a long process but I think well worth the end result

First off wash car I use turtle wax zip wax then a bit of petrol to take off tar around bottom panel one at a time.

Use lubricant provides on clay bar its self break clay bar in half and fold over itself a few times till moist and pliable.

Spray panel first with lub then rub clay bar lightly(not much pressure) across panel using side to side motion and up and down (dont do circles).

All the time insure the clay and panel is lubricated you will feel the panel getting smoother and the clay gliding easyer then wipe panel with a micro fiber cloth and feel the difference a untreated panel will feel rough a treated one will look and feel smooth as glass repeat around car paying esp attention to lower body panels.

Turn over clay regulary and keep moist.

you will be blown away by the amount of dirt on your car thats stuck to paint work over the years even if the panel looks clean its not till its clayed

Half a bar did my whole car and after u can use dirty clay remaining to clean up alloys really works well also clay can be used to clean glass on car use same process as above

for best results wax with a good quality wax after like Maguires tec wax 2.0 the wax will stay on you car alot longer after the clay process and protect you paint for longer as it goes directly onto paint rather than dirt tree sap ect ect that is on bodywork over the years

Most important discard clay if you drop it do not put it to paintwork if droped you will destroy your car.

my own car gets it once a year as the amount of driving my car gets it doesn't warrant several uses , also with the car been garaged it wouldn't be exposed to the normal air borne crap that a clay bar will remove , I have noticed since using a proper wash polish wax seal process the paint is more protected and even tar doesn't really stick anymore , thus lessening the need for claying also ,

I also bought the Meguiars clay kit. IT WORKS!

You would think after "washing" your car it is clean but oh no. Run a clay bar over it and its actually filthy!

Every couple of months is the job for a daily driver unless your car lives under a tree, in which case once a month.

Once a month as the P1 is out doors :(

Makes sure you wash the car again after claying

Plenty of advice on detailingworld.co.uk

Once a month is over kill, best thing is twice a year and ALWAYS before machine polishing.

April/May before the "Summer" and then September/October before the winter.

Make sure to detar the car fully too, ideally use a Deironiser such as

Iron Cleanse http://www.detailingshed.com/test-c...niser-fallout-remover-car-wash-care-auto.html

Or

Chemical Guys http://www.detailingshed.com/tar/214-chemical-guys-d-con-wheel-cleaner-de-ironizer.html

These will both speed up the process and help save the clay from getting ruined. Also help with stubborn areas that even clay something's find it hard to remove.

Remember also to rewash the car to remove the quick detailer (lube) or the wax wont bond properly.

wash
detar
deironise
clay
rewash to remove QD
dry
wax

No need to dry between the stages its such a waste of time!

Back