brake noise

Ciaran WRX

ISDC Club Member
Hi lads wanted a bit of advice

On my wrx when I replaced the pads on front I got carbon loranges Rc5
It was on the oem front disk but the disks had a good groove worn in them I noticed when braking with steady even pressure from speed there was a loud wirring noise kinda like a jet engine powering down no shuddering and car stayes straight.

So I got a set of godspeed grooved front disks and seems to be worse ..

On the back ive oem disks and yellow stuff pads

Now I know the c.ls are a rough pad and the car stops like you hit a wall however when your just driving with purpose sounds like very loud in cabin not something u notice on a b road anyone else have a similar issue....

Did you stick in a new set of pads when you were fitting the discs? Pads would have bedded into the original disc so probably won't be making a clean contact with the new pads until a little more wear happens

That is normal with uprated brakes and even more noticeable with grooved discs, If its not shuddering from the discs being warped don't worry about it

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=38892.msg444182#msg444182 date=1377080881]
Did you stick in a new set of pads when you were fitting the discs? Pads would have bedded into the original disc so probably won't be making a clean contact with the new pads until a little more wear happens
[/quote]

To be honest brian no I didnt ran the c.ls on oem front disks for bout 2 months before getting the groved godspeed disks..but have em on for bout 3 months now

[quote author=Ciaran WRX link=topic=38892.msg444192#msg444192 date=1377086078]
[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=38892.msg444182#msg444182 date=1377080881]
[/quote]

To be honest brian no I didnt ran the c.ls on oem front disks for bout 2 months before getting the groved godspeed disks..but have em on for bout 3 months now
[/quote]

That wouldnt be the cause of the noise anyway......that would only mean the full surface area of the pad would not be used until bed in to the new flat disc surface.

I usually give the pad a light filing to get it flat when using old pads with new discs

Cl's squeal like a pig! Had them before and hated them.
Just drive them on until you need a new set.

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=38892.msg444186#msg444186 date=1377083134]
That is normal with uprated brakes and even more noticeable with grooved discs, If its not shuddering from the discs being warped don't worry about it
[/quote]

Yea thanks thats what I thought prob the combination of the c.ls being made outta what feels like bits of stones trying to eat the groved disks :thumbsup:

[quote author=Grahamo spec c link=topic=38892.msg444199#msg444199 date=1377090095]
Cl's squeal like a pig! Had them before and hated them.
Just drive them on until you need a new set.
[/quote]

Cheers grahamo ones its not unusual im not worried next front pads wont be c.ls though

Back