Port Tunnel

C

CamoMo

Just a quick question - If you are driving through the Port Tunnel, and there are faults, lane closure, stationary vehicle in a lane, etc - do/can they broadcast messages through your radio station...?? :ponder: :dunno:

i heard this in sydney so it is possible, i got the shock of my life :lol: :lol: :lol:

:thumbsup:

Not sure, i wouldnt imagine it would b to hard to do, all they gotta do is broadcast on a stronger signal than the 1 ur listening to.

U sure it wasnt just voices in ur head?

Ok - found it - you going to love this.  :lol:  :lol:   :oops:  I'm SUCH a tit.  :lol:  :lol:  :oops:

http://www.dublinporttunnel.ie/safety/

"FM Radio Break-in Facility - Tune into FM radio stations to hear safety instructions, in case of incident."

Anyway, myself and my wife were driving through the tunnel on Monday evening - sitting at the speed limit of 50kph.  This was due to one of the lanes being closed.  So we about halfway through, and this ladies voice comes over the radio (Yes, my wife heard it as well) - "Please restart your engine and proceed with caution".  She kept repeating this message a few times.  So I go into a flat PANIC - pull into the lane which is closed and stop the car (car still idling), switch on the hazzards and start trying to make sense of what is happening.  I'm looking at the radio, I'm looking at the dashboard - "Please restart your engine and proceed with caution" but I see NO warning lights on the dashboard, the car was running perfectly.  So I "pop the hood" and have a look - nothing.  No smoke, no smell, all levels of fluid fine, oil 100% - car is running sweet as a peach.

So I climb back into the car thinking, "Surely Johnny would have told me if the car was reporting an error, it would come through the radio" - I was SO confused.  Then 98fm comes back on the radio station and I'm thinking if they would broadcast any issues within the tunnel through your car radio.  So I turn the car off - wait a while, then turn her back on - all normal lights show up on dash, then all go off when I start the car.  So I limp it back home - not going above 3-4000rpm.  Get home and check the car over - nothing, all looks 100%.  Next morning before I go to work - another check over, no oil leaking anywhere, no oil spots in the engine, etc.

Anyways - I'm pretty SURE the car wouldn't tell me things through my radio - unless my baby is alive and her name is "KIT".  So if you driving through the tunnel and you hear funny messages through your radio - don't be a twat like I was and think you car is talking to you.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

:doh: :doh: :doh: :nana: :nana: :wall: :wall:stevie...thats fooking funny dude....you actually thought your car was talking to ya... :D

Takes a bow. :worship: :worship:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a fookin eeeejit. :D

You could seriously mess about with someone - if you don't know, like I did not - you could seriously take the piss. :lol: :lol:

Back