bl5 discs and pads

stel94

Petrolheads
Hi I'm looking to upgrade my discs and better pads on my bl5 2003 there standard brakes..... I was looking at the brake kits on Godspeed ...I was wondering has anyone got any suggestions on wat I should go for not looking to spend big money as I'm getting a few bits done at the moment .

Godspeed are really the best value being honest if looking to upgrade pads and discs. Send Ian an email , a set of front and rear grooved discs and kevlar pads with sharpen things up a bit

[quote author=stel94 link=topic=38717.msg442414#msg442414 date=1375403905]
Would they be a direct fit ? ?
[/quote]

Dont really uunderstand the question. I dont think they are listed on the site for your car but I'm sure an email to Ian and he will supply the correct parts mate. Your discs should be the same sizes as a newage wrx 294mm front and 290mm on the rear

I think mine are 316.. not sure and don't know who Ian is could you pm me his email thanks

[quote author=stel94 link=topic=38717.msg442417#msg442417 date=1375407522]
I think mine are 316.. not sure and don't know who Ian is could you pm me his email thanks
[/quote]

ian@godspeedbrakes.co.uk

Godspeed has no disc options for bl5 legacy, yours are 316mm front and 290mm on the rear. Ebc do some or dba, or you can get standard ones from import car parts. Depending on what caliper u have, there is different lads. Tokico is one , im not sure on the other, they "should" be the same as 3.0 spec b. U can get a set of four pots with Godspeed 330mm discs but that's about 550 for the front. I went with Ap racing conversion with 330mm 2 piece discs. Guts of A grand for them though. Is yours a turbo model?

Yea Turbo I have standard calipers just looking for better discs and pads noting major I was looking at dba 4000 not sure wat route to go .

cant get much better than the DBA discs. Even some new standard discs and pads and maybe braided brake lines and new brake fluid will transform your braking. depends on how much you want to spend on them and the type of driving you do etc

I'm gonna go with dba my discs at the moment are perfectvand I put new Standard pads all around 2 months ago just want something better . Thanks

Back