Anti roll bars?

midlandbe5

Octane Boostaholics
ISDC Club Member
Hi all, I'm looking at getting my 02b4 to handle better. From reading on the net anti roll bars are a good starting point. I was looking at whiteline 22mm front and 20mm rear.
Has anybody got experience with these?

seem to be 1 of the best arb's on the market but seem to rust very quickly due to a light coat of paint :thumbsup: and not cheap either :thumbsup:

as above,have whiteline on mine and they do suffer from corrosion

have coated mine in hammerite twice in 3 years its been on only covered 5k

Put 22mm in the rear first as it will kill some of the understeer and will give a better turn in having a bigger diameter rear arb

anyone know wheres the cheapest place to get them . painting them twice in 5k is not great

At the moment I have the Whiteline rear 20mm on the hardest setting, and the front 22mm on the softer one.

During the last year ISDC track day, I was still on standard front antirollbar and the 20mm rear one.. the front was swaying a bit in the corners, and the car was oversteeering to much.
I fitted the front 22mm Whiteline and it made a huge difference I must say.

Im thinking of replacing the rear with 22mm as well..

before I put them in, I had them treated with red Hammerite. We will see how long they will last, but the last time I checked the paint was still intact

Rear:

8ntu.jpg

Remember to fit them with the wheels on the ground, so a ramp comes handy. ;)

Both mine are 22mm non adjustable and it made some difference my car handles really well with them fitted lovely bit of lift off oversteer

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Yes I think 22/22 for our slippery and most of the time wet roads is the optimal choice.

Some stiffen the back even more by using 24mm but I would rather recommend it only for a dry track.

I have 22mm front and 24mm rear whiteline adjustable arbs

I wouldn't recommend this for a road thought

A standard bar on the front and ALK and a 22mm adjustable set to hard on the back would be good

Re: Re: Anti roll bars?

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=38705.msg1#msg1 date=1375304584]

A standard bar on the front and ALK and a 22mm adjustable set to hard on the back would be good
[/quote]
How do you find the ALK johnny?

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=38705.msg442326#msg442326 date=1375307426]
[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=38705.msg1#msg1 date=1375304584]

[/quote]
How do you find the ALK johnny?

[/quote]

I actually don't have one on the track car as I'm running coil overs ad they can give me up to 4 degrees negative camber so I don't need the ALK. I know the ALK only changes castor angle but it wouldn't help me as I run 3 degrees negative chamber.

I had the ALK on the v3 wrx I had years ago, keith555 old car which I have back now, I use to get awful understeer in it and the ALK really helped it and that was with a standard rear bar, I'd say on a road car with standard suspension ALK and a rear adjustable arb would be just nice.

Thanks lads, it sounds like a good mod to do. Joe motorsportworld.com is the cheapest I've found so far

Just bought a 22mm rear whiteline and wire links. Haven't fitted anything yet as I want to underseal the car and get all bolts plated and clean in the one go. Have a bit of time to gather up bits now. I was looking at a 22mm front bar and alk and camber bolts for the rear as the next step.

Wondering now should I sell on the wire links and go for the solid type any difference in these?

Also like to know if anyone has any experience with the godspeed or perrin rear link kits, the STI pink arms are hard to come by?

Hi Bevan... the wire ones aren't much good and only about as good as the OEM ones when new.

I have a set of the Perrin droplinks, but still have to fit them.

Previously had the solid Whitelines fitted to both my STI v3 and WRX and were huge improvement.
Had an ALK on my STI v3 and was very good improvement - just got ALK fitted to the Hawk and apart from some disconcerting knocking when going over bumps and potholes it's a great improvement in grip - just need to figure out what exactly is causing the knocking sound as uncomfortable thought something can move that much...

Back