Which model Imprezas have avcs?

gtpeadar

Petrolheads
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me when/which model imprezas have avcs. I'm picking up parts for a single turbo conversion and wondering if there's any of the new age imprezas with a Denso ECU that i could possibly use in the leggy. The Rev D legacys have a Denso aswell so it may work, as long as the car it came from didnt have the avcs heads.

Or is it a case of the denso ECU was introduced with the avcs?

Thanks

Cheers for the swift replies lads.
@alan: Thanks a million for the offer but I need one without avcs

@markokavo: Just so I'm 100%, if i find an irish Blob wrx I could get pretty much all the bits I need including ecu. It's obviously going to be mapped so It doesnt matter if it's an sti or wrx ecu.
If all else fails I can go down the alcatek route but i'd rather save a few bob.

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

Hey Baz,
Gearbox has been spot on, cheers.
Plenty of other woes! It was overheating a few weeks ago, primary slow to boost and then only getting 0.5 bar. The solenoid box didnt cure anything. Ciaran in ASD sorted out the overheating and when he was driving it himself he said it was knocking quite bad. Even on the half bar of crappy boost! It needs a map for safety I think but due to the issues with the twins and a bit more work on it next year, I'm gonna go single and map it and enjoy it!

Picking up a vf28 from Codders on sat so should have nice power thats not gonna stress out the engine or box for now

Is it wise to go single small turbo on a 2.0l with the weight of your car?

A 2.5 single turbo would be lovely in a wagon as it would pull lovely with the added torque.

I hear what you're saying duffman but 2.5 isnt in the budget. I have a CDB thats been stripped down and waiting for me to pour money into but thats next years project!!
There's quite a few lads on uklegacy gone single now and they all swear by it. After doing some reading, the vf28 makes as much as 330bhp. If i get 300, I'd be happy as my car was 265bhp as standard(formerly an auto) and it's been running terrible for the last while so a properly mapped single running 300 will feel like a rocket!! :changinggear:

my uk wrx bug has a denso ecu may help ya too, single turbo would be a great conversion far better than twin turbo

Thanks Dec. Yours is non avcs? Is there an immobiliser on the uk/irish cars? I know the Japs dont coz I was able to ket a normal key cut for my car and it started the car no bother. Am I right in saying that if there is an immobiliser, the ecu would be linked to a transponder in the key making it increasingly awkward?

Thanks for all the help so far lads. Keep em coming!

its non avcs man and it has an immobilizer but as all subarus are from japan they were fitted with immobilizers to satisfy eu approval regulations and as such it is not built into the ecu and can be cut out of the loom and ran with out it

Thats good news! Cheers. Things are looking up. Just need to find a car being broken to get all me bits!

Karma for you my good man! I was looking for breakers earlier on on donedeal and didnt spot that. I'll bell him tomorrow

Back