Cooling fans problem??

Liam wrxsti

Sunday Drivers
right so as the title suggests im having trouble with the cooling fans and its driving me mad. :angry1:

It keeps blowing the main fan fuse basically. As far as I can see it only does it when the car is very hot after a hard drive. So iv checked the fans and all I can see is that one fan is a little stiff compared to the other one. not sure could this be the problem. Anybody shed any light on this and what I could do to get sorted?? thanks

:subaru:

are you sure the right fuse is in it Liam ,

check what one is in yours and post up , mine should be the same so will check when you know , simplistic approach but hopefully is something this simple ,

using a 20 fuse in it. was the same one that was originally in it so presume its the right one. just put a new one in now and turned the ignition on and the fan came on. minute I started the car it blew again...

I reckon the sticky motor is causing it to blow .See can you swap the fans over and see does it blow then.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4 Beta

yes the motor was hot when it came on with ignition and fan was running when I started the car and it blew straight away... When i left car idling yesterday after replacing fuse the left fan came on but when I changed it just now the right fan came on so not sure would swapping the fans work but might be worth a go.

Re: Re: Cooling fans problem??

[quote author=ianfl link=topic=38663.msg1#msg1 date=1374862993]
Don't swap them still won't know which faulty plug one out at a time and try them
[/quote]
It will prove that the motor that's sticky is causing the main fan fuse to blow. If you switch them and the secondary fan fuse will blow. Then you know you need to replace that fan if you get me.
All your doing now is feeding it fuses not really fault finding

If only one plugged in and it blows it's fucked
If it doesn't blow happy days check the other
Just seems simpler to me is all I meant

Back