windscreen wiper water resevoir not working

gsr owner

Sunday Drivers
Hi All.

A small problem has occurred over the weekend on my legacy B4.
There is no water coming out of the front windscreen washer on the bonnet, the one for the back window is working fine, I checked to see if metal jets that the water comes out of was blocked but they weren't (I used a small needle to check)
There are 2 small solenoid valves at the end of the reservoir (one for the front and one for the back window) when I flick the lever in the car to spray the water on the front window, the solenoid doesn't make any noise at all.
when I swap the water lines from both solenoids and press the lever to operate the back washer, water sprays out of the jet on the bonnet, so there is no blockage in the rubber water hose.
It looks like the solenoid for the front washer is not working, I presume that the front and back washer are on the same Fuse/Relay.
Anyone ever have this problem before.
Thanks Alan

Well man, they are not solenoids at all, they are just motors ,I have a spare motor there if you want it, check the wiring also first as it can get damaged from removing the tank to do a plug change

Thanks I will check wiring again tomorrow, as I changed the plugs a few weeks ago before I got the car Mapped, are you the same Barry that I just sent an e-mail to looking for the motor for the washer.
ALAN

[quote author=used to be gsr owner link=topic=38553.msg440670#msg440670 date=1373923981]
Thanks I will check wiring again tomorrow, as I changed the plugs a few weeks ago before I got the car Mapped, are you the same Barry that I just sent an e-mail to looking for the motor for the washer.
ALAN
[/quote]

Yeah Alan thats me . Yeah double check the wiring and if it still doesnt work let me know I can post that to you no problem just cover the postage

I had this problem when i first got my wrx but the previous owner had made it so the back spray lever washed the front however i had the dog in the boot taking her to kennels when we went away on holiday and she completely ripped out most of the wires in my boot and this started the front washer working as it should again even after i rewired the boot

Could just be blocked?
Try a needle through little black bits on bonnet and air line through tubing from bottle

Might be worth a try

:smokin:

no its not blocked, as I swapped the front and back water lines, and the water sprayed onto front window when lever for back window was pushed, Barry will you text me your address and I will sent you a stamped addressed envelope so you can post me out the spare (black motor).

Thanks; my number is 0863935197

[quote author=used to be gsr owner link=topic=38553.msg440842#msg440842 date=1374057364]
no its not blocked, as I swapped the front and back water lines, and the water sprayed onto front window when lever for back window was pushed, Barry will you text me your address and I will sent you a stamped addressed envelope so you can post me out the spare (black motor).

Thanks; my number is 0863935197
[/quote]

Will do

Washer motor arrived today, fitted it this evening, and its
Working fine now, big thanks to Barry for the part ( free of charge)

Alan

No bother Alan would of binned them otherwise

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Back