Brakes

Niallyboy

Petrolheads
Well lads I need to get my brakes sorted ,The Track day in Aug
is coming soon and basically I have sticking callipers on every corner .

So all or any advice welcome :icon_grin:

I know I can get a repair fit from Subaru but whats the best way to free the sticking pot / pots
and do I need anything else

Thanks,
Niall.

Use the oppurtunity to upgrade or get someone good to overhaul them. Ask Mark Murphy (trader) for a price. May not be worth skinning your knuckles over,not to mention the time it would take. :angry1:

Use the oppurtunity to upgrade or get someone good to overhaul them

Upgrade would be nice but im looking for the best result for the least amount of €€€€'s

since when have you needed brakes niall
.....since they allowed Hondas onto the track , the little fookers are everywhere :icon_grin: :icon_grin:

NIall. :icon_grin:

Realisticly the standard brakes will never be good enough but main thing is to have the calipers rebuilt and good discs and pads.
Cheap discs will warp as in motor factor specials. Cheap pads will fade and won't last pissing length.

Impreza's are heavy and will never be as comfortable around mondello as smaller cars will , its too tight a circuit.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4 Beta

4pots with a good disc and pad combo is better then brembos with bad pad.

Can be a decent brake combo with the correct parts

Ya i certanily was happy the last track day
and im sure once i get the sticking callipers sorted .

It will be happy days again ................that said im sure as my track skills
improve I.ll want BIGGER BRAKES :icon_grin:

NIall.

Well lads I just ordered the calliper seals repair kit from Subaru
€28 plus vat and that's for the front two but what might be of interest to some;
you can purchase the pot/piston from Subaru, they cost €37 plus vat and you can buy
them individually ...................so im off to strip the callipers this weekend , fingers
crossed for any easy cheap fix :icon_eyes:

NIall.

Good stuff Niall ,use fresh brake fluid putting them back together.

off topic you get my pm?

Back