best way for cleaning intercooler?

blacktar

Club Chairman
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
Any ideas for the best and safest way to clean the intercooler, i gave the engine bay a good going over at the weekend but the intercooler letting it down, i didn't touch it as not sure if easly damaged or not, its a standard wrx intercooler, can the fins be cleaned with a steam cleaner and waht is the best to polish up the the back nearest the windscreen gone very dull. Any help wouild be great Cheers, Adrian. :thumbsup:

You can use a steam cleaner but don't think you'll get very far, I have the same problem so don't even open my engine bay at shows. You can get the back of it looking better with autosol and 00 grade wire wool but won't get into the little nuks and crannies.

Jamie knows a fella that does hydroblasting, so that's what I'm going to do with mine, along with the strut brace ends and alternator cage once I get some spare moolah together. Will need to stencil back in the STI logo though with correct paint.

cheers rob. i'll give the steamer a go. tried some autosol and the wool but not much happening maybe more elbow greese. if i get any improvment i'd be happy.

Ah not much to show ciaran, might start a wee small one when i get a few pics and get her tidied, goin sealin up under the arches hopefully in a couple of months so get a few pics when i'm at it and get it started

Remove the intercooler and get an electric drill and flap wheel

polished intercooler and use auto-sol to keep it shiny

il be doing mine in next few wks that way

Back