soften coilovers

Animal spec-c

Petrolheads
above guys something ill need to do 2moro on the rear of my car but have never done so how do i soften the rear as when i launch i want to absorb the launch ?

Sounds like a fookin stupid question (I know but I have to ask)
Your coilovers are damping adjustable aren't they?

What coilovers have ya? I'm sure there are some kinda markings on the top of them indicating adjustment from harder to softer (assuming damping is adjustable)

zeal function x fully adjustable but dont have like the bc adjuster extension at the top of back seats,just had a quick look but theres like an allen key slot on the top of both rear shocks is it adjusted with these?

Yes Alan the Allen key will soften them, you should have a - and +on the top of the top mounts, the - will soften the dampening, if you have arb on the back take it off as this will also help, what tyre pressures are you running?

usually 22 but ill be trying 19 today have to load car now so not sure if ill get to soften suspension ill give it a go when i get up there ive heard of lads no running an arb in rear not tried it yet cheers johnny

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=38454.msg439721#msg439721 date=1373271892]
how did it go alan? break any personal bests up there?
[/quote]
+1intrested to hear how ye got on ??

long day yesterday fucking whole day was a nightmare!!ready to leave 830am and had car loaded and burst a hydraulic hose when i tried to tilt the body back to level, so took car off and got a mate from hose doctor to repair it luckily he was about, then when off loading car pulled the bumper slightly and broke the clip where u attach the bumper to wing eventually got on the road and made it up there for about 2 o clock so off loaded and signed on and lined up as the drag was about to start,the was a car show hosted by carcultureni.com and place was jammed the was very little drag i got 3 runs and only 2 were timed the timing gear was questionable yesterday as one lad done a 12 sec run and crossed the line at 43mph!!the 2 runs i done i missed a gear in one and the 2nd was clean and i done the same times and terminals so something doesnt add up 11.5 with 1.7 60ft @124mph my terminals wer down since the last day which was 130mph with slipping clutch so yesterday i was expecting them to be higher,i checked the toucan and its reading a top speed of over 150mph,if i had of know that the drag was going to be limited i wouldnt have went beacuse i didnt have time to try different things ect and race fuel is not cheap plus 100e in diesel in truck to get up there so roll on nxt one the pitty my mate asnwered and was able to help with the pipe lol

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=38454.msg439620#msg439620 date=1373148797]
Yes Alan the Allen key will soften them, you should have a - and +on the top of the top mounts, the - will soften the dampening, if you have arb on the back take it off as this will also help, what tyre pressures are you running?
[/quote]

didnt get time to do it yesterday but now that ive time johnny with the allen key will you get clicks to know you have altered the damping or how does it work?

Yes you should have clicks, you might not here them but you can feel them as you turn, I would soften them all the way and then click forward to get a feel for them, then it's all about set up on the day

Back