Clay Bar?

Paddy Power

Hi Guys,

I plan on giving my GT Series 11 a full valet at weekend, after which I hope to stick up a few pics here!

Anyway, anyone ever use a clay bar before on bodywork? It's seemingly good to use before polishing etc, presume it can't harm bodywork or discolour in anyway?

Cheers for any feedback :imnewhere:

Paddy

make sure you use a good lubricant to keep the clay bar flowing free on the paintwork
if any falls on the ground bin it. when finished claying make sure you wash it again

the above advice the most important bin it if if drops the results are fantastic its like the car is factory fresh after clayin and waxin smooooth finish enjoy :thumbsup:

I use a good tar remover before claying the car just to get the heavy stuff off , don't want to be dragging lumps of tar around in the clay

cup of hot water to keep the clay in, makes it easier to use, good luck.

I did this during the week, for the first time also, took off a huge amount of contaminate and tar. I did the entire car once, paint now feels noticeably slicker and less drag running my hand over it, but some spots are not perfect. I wasn't applying huge pressure, I think I might need another pass I stopped as I ran out of quick detailer, but am tempted to go at it today with water/shampoo solution, I presume once you keep the friction down by using some lubricant it's fine?

Also I'm going to hand compound the paint, should I clay the car again after. As in does it carry away any residues or just tree sap, tar and air contaminants?

most motor factors would have the quick detailer on the shelf , Halfords if local would have megs, autoglym and several others

Back