removing crank pulley

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
In the middle of remove my grimmspeed light weight crank pulley, going back to standard one, from what I've read its fairly easy to remove, handbrake on, leave it in 5th gear and turn but clockwise with breaker bar until it comes off. Pulley is turning slightly as I try loosen it. Is there anything I could damage there, I just don't want to force it off and snap something

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=38377.msg438916#msg438916 date=1372518084]
In the middle of remove my grimmspeed light weight crank pulley, going back to standard one, from what I've read its fairly easy to remove, handbrake on, leave it in 5th gear and turn but clockwise with breaker bar until it comes off. Pulley is turning slightly as I try loosen it. Is there anything I could damage there, I just don't want to force it off and snap something
[/quote]

Get someone to stand on the brakes aswell as what you have done Dan , make sure you torque it up correctly when refitting.

no torque wrench but took a good 100kg of me to tighten it back up! Ill check it during the week when i get a wrench, 180nm i believe. 3rd gear made it easier to get the bolt out. drives so much better now. lightweight crank pulley and leightweight flywheel drives horrible in traffic, one or other it seems

Back