Brake pads----standard or upgraded??

Ianbhp

Middle Lane Hogs
My pads need changing on my 00 B4 and was just wondering if i would be better off getting upgraded brakes or just stick with the standard pads :ponder: have only standard disc's on the car! any advice would be helpful :thumbsup:

:subaru:

Alrite Ian i just changed my pads last week to mintex i got the ones between standard and high performance i think they are called extreme some difference feels more certain when u press the pedal, i'd recomend uprating them im still on standard discs so you should be :thumbsup:

As above lad...uprate them you wont look back,even on standard discs you will notice a differance.... :thumbsup:

Thanks lads, orderd myself some mintex pads today! and the price is fairly similar to subaru pads! :dance:

Ian,

What pads did ya order and where and how much did they cost?

Looking at the same at the mo and want to cross reference.

Cheers

Greg

Hey Greg,
I ordered mintex Xtreme pads, 120 euro for the front and 70 for the rear pads. and from Subaru i was quoted 82 + vat for the front and 115 + vat for the rear, so the mintex are working out cheeper if your gettin pads all round. :thumbsup: where you quoted around the same or am i be screwed? :ponder:

Did u get those from pro-parts? I got my fronts from there for the same price but havent had a chance to ring them about getting rear pads yet

No getting them off Ears Motorsport ltd in Mallow in cork. hopefully will have them by the end of the week an ill be able to come to a stop again :pray:

Ian,

€120 for front pads is spot on, but i was under the impression that the extreme pads would take a little longer to warm up, are the c-tech still being sold??

Anyone know this? seems that a lot of my normal driving is short distance i was thinking of going with the c-tech.

Any advice lads?

Oh and to keep brake dust to a minimum!!! :D

[quote author=Ianbhp link=topic=4393.msg47071#msg47071 date=1196168832]
Hey Greg,
I ordered mintex Xtreme pads, 120 euro for the front and 70 for the rear pads. and from Subaru i was quoted 82 + vat for the front and 115 + vat for the rear, so the mintex are working out cheeper if your gettin pads all round. :thumbsup: where you quoted around the same or am i be screwed? :ponder:
[/quote]

How are they lookin more for the rear :ponder:

Dont know why a i was quoted more for the rear pads than for the front from the subaru garage, but wouldnt buy much off the crowd i rang anyway not plesent businness in the past, when you get your timing belt done and they givwe ya the car back with bolts missing and the rad fan disconnected :shock: and almost half a tank of petrol less sayin they think the cluch is going but also sayiong they only drove it in the garage yard not on the road :twofinger: you know what your dealing with then!!! wont be gettin my money again :angry:

Back