Check Engine light on after motorway run.WRX 02

Evobully

Petrolheads
My check engine light came on after a spirited run up the motorway tonight.It happened after I stopped to drop a mate home outside his house. the engine was still running. The light went off after the car had cooled down at home.And its off now. The car ran fine.
So the only thing I have done recently was fit a larger intercooler but that was a few weeks ago. STI one.
The other thing was I had to put a couple of gallons of cheap fuel in yesterday to get home from Mondello. I usually use Maxoil E5.
I have only had the car a few months and its a irish wrx so I'm asuming its mapped for 95RON.I don't use octane boosters.
Could the intercooler or crappy fuel cause me a problem.
Could mapping be needed after the intercooler change?
Any Ideas?
Thanks. :anyone:

Contact one of the traders to get the stored codes read and go from there, your just guessing otherwise

Will do. Got the NCT Friday and the light is off now and I need to go to work this week. If it comes on again I will have to stop driving.
Is there anywhere I can go around Leixlip/ Lucan area who I could get to this week?

[quote author=Evobully link=topic=38223.msg437537#msg437537 date=1370891261]
Will do. Got the NCT Friday and the light is off now and I need to go to work this week. If it comes on again I will have to stop driving.
Is there anywhere I can go around Leixlip/ Lucan area who I could get to this week?
[/quote]

Subaru Garage in Newlands Cross, Carrol and roche would be the closest to you.

The light may be off but there will still be codes stored......

I still didnt get the codes read.I thought about the O2 sensor MAF or anti knock. The NCT passed and the emissions were good and it hasn't happened again, the car is running great so its a mystery. I will get the codes read next time I get a service. Cheers.

Back