ECU and Fuel remapping

S

steveb

Hi Lads,

I have just bought a 1997 STI wagon just off the boat. I have recently heard that there is a difference between the Jap and Irish fuel and that I need to get the ECU changed and get it remapped for Irish fuel. Can you advise on this, I thought I had researched everything on the Imported Impreza's.

Can you really blow your engine using the Irish fuel?

Tks

Steve

Do a search on this site. It has all been covered god knows how many times.

In short though, yes you will need to get it remapped for our fuel over here seeing that she has come in from Japan. Davelegacy and Renno555 on this site do mapping through their companies. They get in top fellas from the Uk. get in contact with them, and get all the info you need.

As above you will have to run with octane booster until you get her mapped....all though if this maxol fuel is as good as is suppoed to be you mite get away with it....as its supposed to be 99ron....and the usual crap ya buy else were is 95ron...but for the mean time get some octane booster in her and take it kinda handy... :thumbsup:

Welcome Steve, well ware and definitely go easy... using Octane Booster until you get a remap or can guarantee you're filling up with Maxol E5 (99RON) every time.

Back