sloppy box

leoquig

Middle Lane Hogs
my 92 legacy has alot of slop in the gear lever, had a look at the linkage, bushings seem to be worn. can these be replaced or shoul i go for a quick shifter and new linkage? :ponder: any one else had this problem?

Thats funny, i noticed it on my 98 Impreza when i bought it a few months ago.
Then today it really got limp. When in neutral if you pull leaver to right it springs back to centre when you let go, but flops to the left from centre and sits there all limp instead of springing back.
Is this the problem your having?

Leo im proud to say my box is as tight as ... well its tight. the linkage was cut, shortned and rewelded to the shifter, it was done by the last owner so i dont know how exactly but i had a look at it when dash and centre consul were out. I think Niallyboy got someone to do his.

my leggy is the same when in 1st,2nd and third...alot of lever movement its like being in neautral...just waitng on a buddy of mine to sort it...lazy ba*tard im waiting 3 weeks :eek:mg: :angry: :evil:

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=4374.msg46552#msg46552 date=1195674470]
I had a girlfriend once with a sloppy box it was like feeding a horse :dunno:

[/quote]I think I know her :smokin:

Check the bush's ( on the U/J ) on the rod from the gearbox to the bottom of the gearstick. There also should be a pull spring in the side of the box to the bottom of the gearstick.

John

two sets of bushes on the linkage. common to wear. only a few quid for the set. not bad to do. the ones near the box need the selector shaft pin knocked out to fit the bolt past the prop shaft cover. check for wear on the bolts. as for keith a few stiches should do the job :D

Anybody know the best place to get these bushings?
Are they subaru parts or do whiteline or somebody do them too?
Cheers

[quote author=chriSTi link=topic=4374.msg46558#msg46558 date=1195675046]
[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=4374.msg46552#msg46552 date=1195674470]
I had a girlfriend once with a sloppy box it was like feeding a horse :dunno:

[/quote]I think I know her :smokin:
[/quote]

If she's that sloppy I'd say a lot of lads know her

thanks for the help lads. yes the bushes are worn. have to have another look for the spring. subaru parts or get else where? :thumbsup:

Subaru only. Bush's can be fitted only on one side of the U/J, if there worn on both side's you will need to get a joint. Bush's are 10 to 13 euro and the joint is about 60 as far as I remember. Not rocket science to fit, but can be fiddley.

John

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=4374.msg257109#msg257109 date=1265930339]
In stock e5 each
[/quote]

This thread is from 2007 Dave... think he may have it sorted by now.

Back