Holy Fook

briancollins

Octane Boostaholics
Was drivin out of sligo at the weekend and to be honest, i was a little bit over the speed limit!! I was accelerating hard in 5th gear and got a CEL. Checked the knock on the power fc and it read 121. This sounds crazy high to me as it never really goes higher than 23.
I have tried it a couple of times since to see if it happens again but its sound now again.
Anyone know what would have causeed this??
Thanks lads,
Brian

[quote author=briancollins link=topic=4373.msg46396#msg46396 date=1195595770]
Was drivin out of sligo at the weekend and to be honest, i was a little bit over the speed limit!! I was accelerating hard in 5th gear and got a CEL. Checked the knock on the power fc and it read 121. This sounds crazy high to me as it never really goes higher than 23.
I have tried it a couple of times since to see if it happens again but its sound now again.
Anyone know what would have causeed this??
Thanks lads,
Brian
[/quote]

I dident think it even went to 121. Sometimes they seem to throw out an odd number. Keep it on graph and see if the knock is a spike or a gradual increase with rpm.
If its gradual it could be the knock sensor or something rattling / banging near to the sensor.

Damo

as above....

they are knock sensor sensitive as such...

as in you could drifted over cat eyes on the road maybe that created vibration...

anything over 50 in danger territory..........

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Maybe a stupid question! but could it be something todo with the intercooler not getting any airflow at those speeds, when the engine and turbo are working so hard and the aerodynamics of the classic not working at very high speed?
Hope you get her sorted brian!
Dan

This happened to me once in the scooby and i put it down to a glitch or a big stone hopping up and smacking the engine ... I was accelerating hard down a hill prob in 3rd if i remember !

Back