Stuck half way through bl5 rebuild

ozzy1986

Sunday Drivers
As above, I'm half way through rebuilding my bl5. I'm not sure whether to stick with the stock turbo or to upgrade to a spec c vr36. This is my first subaru so I I don't have a wealth of knowledge.

My question is, what parts do I need to get along with the turbo? I have been told I will need an uppipe, downpipe, mani and fabricate a block bracket. Would I also need bigger injectors, fmic and fuel pump?

My power aim is around the 330bhp mark.

Maybe it's not worth it and stick stock if it's going to be too much trouble. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

not sure but someone on her will know check the flanges as see do they match looking at google images will give you an idea, i think they look the same but cant say for sure

IMO your going into thousands of euros worth for 50 bhp and not worth it.

You will need a map and plenty of parts and labour, not worth it

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=38116.msg436566#msg436566 date=1369934012]
No flanges are not the same.
[/quote]

thanks for confirming

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'll just build to to standard as it's looking like it'll be more expensive and time consuming than first thought. I'll still be mapping it just to be safe.

you need:

turbo
turbo bracket
up pipe
down pipe + custom work to connect to cat back.
headers

Stronger rods and pistons, if your putting vf36 on it. also if you want to stay tmic, you need to clock compressor housing and get adjustable actuator and silicone reducing elbow to connect to turbo, no need for bigger injectors, upgraded fuel pump is needed. im making 330 on standard injectors, they legacy ones are blue side feed about 500cc.

Did you put standard parts back in it or what?

Back