PSU Required to troubleshoot PC

Notorious

Petrolheads
Hi lads,
I know that I don't know anyone in person here, but I have a favor to ask.
I am having problems with my Computer lately. It restarts randomly (hard restart).
I really suspect Mother or PSU, but before I spend those 400 euro I need to be sure which part is failing.
Easiest would be to get compatible PSU with 2x6pin power connector for GPU or smaller GPU and any PSU. Or maybe to get two of these
I have spare 250W PSU, but it's enough only to get MB and CPU going (well and HDD, but that's not important).

Would there be anyone who could be able to lend me PSU for couple of days, week tops to see how PC will act then?

Here is video of how my PC acted at some stage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7an4iugg8o
Now, for all week Im trying to recreate this behavior but it does not happen!
I get restarts in 3-4 hours in first boot.
Later on maybe in ~40min-1 hr... in other words randomly.
Sometimes it won't even turn on - as in video.

Temperatures are low, CPU, MB, Northbridge - ~45-55/60
No dust (good case)
changed CPU thermo paste two times. Cleaned Northbridge sink.

Im based in Dublin, but would drive further if anyone has suitable PSU to lend

PC HW:
i7-920
MB X58-UD7 v1
Radeon 5850
12 GB of XMP 1600 ram which I ran even not on their speed...
Antec CP-1000 PSU

No OC done on PC.

Please help... I dont' have many friends who are in to PCs... all of them Laptop owners... :anyone:

I have a pc repairs shop. Give me your address and i send you a new psu to test on da house lad.

Twill only be a 650w as thats all i have but will do for testing. Psu only has 1 gpu, but you can add the 2nd with the extra cable that came with your video card. If you dont have that let me and i will find one there around the shop.

Sent from Note 2

Aaron, thanks for your reply. Very kind of u :icon_pray:

Tell me which shop is it and where, I will come over to say Hi. No need to post it. Unless its like in other town.

I will search my boxes to see what cables do I have from/to GPU.

Im in castletownbere so not really over the road. Hehe. Email your details and i get it postrd up to you. .thewebctb@gmail.com or buzz me on 0871224383

Sent from Note 2

im in dublin u can borrow my 550w psu for a few hours ,i can help you troubleshoot but need it back same day :)

Dan, where r you about? I remember u were looking for a place to rent in Southside somewhere?

U see, it restarts on me after ~3-4 hours... Sometimes 1h, sometimes 2h. Today it restarted couple of times during period from ~10am to now...
If you want to stay here and help me with it - I have no problem with it as long as u dont :]

We would save Aaron time if we could use yours.

Can u PM your Mobile? I am going to hit shops now. I will PM u my number

Hi,

I have an update on the issue.
I've got 570W PSU from a friend. Had it for over 2 days with no problem. I had connected:
CPU (one out of 2 4pin connector) coz his PSU was older
Mob
Video card (1x6pin, 1x 2 Molex in to 6pin)
Main HDD
My computer was working flawlessly all the time.

You would say My PSU is faulty? But my PSU on friends computer was working fine as well, more than 24hours non stop. With and without load.

Now. I brought back my PSU and connected it with the same configuration as above (so left out +1 HDD, +DVD Rom, +4 case fans)

Will see what gonna happen. I also bought Surge Protector in Maplins... Will try it with it later on.

Any ideas what I might miss here? Poltergeist? :wtf:

Aaron and Altezza-Dan - Many many thanks for your call out for help. I really appreciate it.

Back