I was going to buy brembos for the car
But have decided to postpone changing them until next year
As I have some other things I need to do this year to it
And it would destroy the budget
So I need to buy new front pads for my 4 pots
And think I will get new seal kits front and rear too
I have ebc red stuff at the moment
And want something better
What are the best pads to fit on the 4 pots for mainly road use and say 2 track days
Cheers

im on the hunt too. asked one of the traders on scoobynet, he didnt sell or rate the EBC stuff, i have the bluestuff NDX, he was recommending the mintex 1155, havent heard to much on them yet.

Need to refurb my AP calipers too, fresh coat of paint and some new decals aswell, just need to decide on colour

I wouldn't rate mintex at all I used them at the ring last year and they fade like fu*k ,I have found the ebc yellowstuff to be the best in the four pots when used with grooved discs

i might give the yellows a try so Dec
I was thinking spending more and buying ferodo ds2500
but not sure if they are good for daily use
and also a bit pricey considering i will be changing them next year
Cheers for that :thumbsup:

I put in yellow stuff last week and they are impressive so far, no squeaks and good pedal feel

Another vote for ds2500's - super pad & no difference when cold to any other pad so no issues there

if yur are planning to change in the near future id say its pointless spending loads on pads now and have them sitting there after you change to brembos,so i get something more in budget for the time been.

I was told by EBC that yellowstuff are being phased out and bluestuff are their replacement

[quote author=scoobycolm link=topic=38050.msg435814#msg435814 date=1369228887]
yeah I hear ya but twice the price is the only problem
im sure there worth it
but if ebc yellows are o.k. then i cant justify the extra spend
ill be changing them next year anyway
see ebc yellowstuff for 128 euro delivered on scoobyworld http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=12&products_id=1653
is that good ?
camskill dont have them

also is this the seal kits i need for front and rears

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m10b0s2620p29859/SUBARU_IMPREZA_2_0_TURBO_%28UK_SPEC_GC8_GF8_EJ20G_EJ205_94TO00%29_-_SERVICING_PARTS_TUNING_SPARES_and_SERVICE_ACCESSORIES_-_Front_4_pot_Caliper_Seal_Kit_Impreza_ej205_97_on_4_pot_calipers_%28NOT_BREMBOs%29

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m10b0s2620p60549/SUBARU_IMPREZA_2_0_TURBO_%28UK_SPEC_GC8_GF8_EJ20G_EJ205_94TO00%29_-_SERVICING_PARTS_TUNING_SPARES_and_SERVICE_ACCESSORIES_-_Rear_Caliper_Service_Kit_-_UK_Spec_Impreza

cheers Lads
[/quote]

[quote author=WAGON DEC link=topic=38050.msg435809#msg435809 date=1369225706]
I wouldn't rate mintex at all I used them at the ring last year and they fade like fu*k ,I have found the ebc yellowstuff to be the best in the four pots when used with grooved discs
[/quote]

I was using yellow stuff aswell for the ring , great job. I think Chris Type R was using them as well. Any mintex I've used were sh*t

yeah ebc yellows it is so
can someone confirm the seal kits are correct before i order them up
Cheers :thumbsup:

In order of performance from my experience and feedback from couple of rally folks I know...

The Ferodo DS3000 is probably one of the most reliable and best track pads you can get, but not rated for road use.
The Mintex M1155 is pretty OK, though probably more track orientated. Supposed to be equivalent option to DS3000 but the Ferodo pads are way better for competition.

Ferodo DS2500's are very good and probably best mix of fast road & occaisonal track use, but dear.

The Blackdiamond Predators are quite good as a fast road pad and will stand up to light track use, but will fade if pushed on track.

Mintex M1144 are OKish for a fast road upgrade, but won't stand up to track use.

Pagid pads are very good indeed and probably my favourite per application.... however...
Only issue is that you have pick between full competition pads (many competition flavours depending on requirement, but none rated for road use), or their normal road version called Blue.
The Pagid Blue road version is definitely better than OEM, but won't stand up to track use. So whereas I personally like Pagid there isn't a "one pad fits all uses" option.

Tried the EBC Redstuff before and found them no better than any normal road-pad, never tried the Yellows and maybe they are the ticket for this one. Most competitors don't seem to rate EBC very well though.

Word of caution though... what discs have you got?

The OEM discs, or cheaper after-market discs, will absolutely warp with any uprated pad and heavy braking!

So if you haven't got uprated discs better to stick with a "close to OEM" pad like Brembo's own, or Pagid Blue, as else you will only warp the discs and defeat the purpose of the upgrade especially as you have plans to upgrad the whole system before too long. :doh:

Hope above helps.

Some great info there
Thanks for that :thumbsup:
I think the yellows will do for me at the moment as im changing everything soon enough
I have ebc grooved discs also so hopefully will be o.k.
Thanks

I've got the EBC blue stuff on the front. Doing the job for me just fine. Admittedly only one trackday on them but that will change next week :banana:

OEM rear pads. Grooved disks all around.

What did you go for Colm? I'm going to have a look at my brakes today and depending on how much is left on them I might need a new set.

Only ordering them this week Dan
But going for ebc yellows
They work for Dec so good enough for me
I'll never be using them aswell as he does :icon_grin:

Gave my AP's a clean and checked the discs and pads. Pads have plenty of life left on them so I'm good for another few months I think. Some weird build up on the rear of the disc I had to clean. So should provide a bit more stopping power now. I'm dreading the day I need to replace those 2 piece discs. 350 sterling for just the discs!! Need to find a cheaper alternative single piece disc maybe.

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=38050.msg437383#msg437383 date=1370703779]
Gave my AP's a clean and checked the discs and pads. Pads have plenty of life left on them so I'm good for another few months I think. Some weird build up on the rear of the disc I had to clean. So should provide a bit more stopping power now. I'm dreading the day I need to replace those 2 piece discs. 350 sterling for just the discs!! Need to find a cheaper alternative single piece disc maybe.
[/quote]

If not tracking it then you could, but if you'll be putting them to good use, then you'l need the 2 piece disks. I tried the cheaper route and found the single piece disks are holding way too much heat :wall:

Need to sell them and upgrade to 2 piece before the next trackday :icon_hang:

Back